diagnose the noise

Hey guys what are the symtoms of your motor knocking??? would it knock only on idle? all the time? how loud?

my motors making a weird noise and im worried :/

I have researched and asked a few people and i have been told it could be lifters or loose screws on the cams??

Last edited:
welll the motor itself has 100k on it i just swapped it in not too long ago. but the car on idle maybe untill it warms up makes a noise ( close to the clicking noise when the top guide breaks but it sounds deeper like from a heavier object) and then while driving or stepping on the gas it goes away kinda

there are 3 guides on a KA (under the valve cover by front of the cams, one inside the distributor, then one by the timing chain tensioner) , i'd make sure none of those are getting hit because they are known for problems, then make sure its not rodknock or maybe spun bearings. Take it to a shop and they use a special stethoscope tool to pinpoint if its rodknock or not, but surely there are probably other ways too.

Try to rule out your options before it gets any worse :\

Last edited:
i got a stethoscope u can use for free, but i couldn't diagnose didly squat for u. so maybe u can bring someone that can.

I dont think its the timing chain guide.
Sounds like rod knock from this end of the internet.

i dont think its a rod cuz it does it when its cold and oil is thicker when its cold it sould do it less when its cold then hot but idk

Back
Top Bottom