DGTrials Drift Challenge Round 2 @ Ocala Grand Prix

BLADDER_MASTER

is no more
We're going back to Ocala!

Round 2 of the DGTrials Drift Challenge presented by Maxxis will be hosted at one of DGTrials' favorite venues, the Ocala Gran Prix!

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2006
Place: Ocala Grand Prix – Ocala, FL.
Time: Gates Open 7:00AM

Registration and Tech: 7:00AM-8:30AM
Driver's Meeting and Walkaround: 8:45AM
Drifting: 9:00 - ???

Drivers: $90 Pre-registered or $120 at the gate
Non-Drivers: $5

**** REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!!! ****

arialSm.jpg

Ocala is a very nice and clean facility, so we are going to emphasize cleanliness and respect towards the track, it's workers, and the local environment. Any goofing around, horseplay in the pit area, and otherwise disrespectful behavior will NOT be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the facility with no refund.

Parking is ample, but limited, so we recommend carpooling for non-drivers. We want you out there, but we don't want you to have to “Austin Powers†your car in order to get a parking spot!

HOTEL:
Days Inn
3620 W Silver Springs Boulevard
OCALA, FL 32808
Phone: (352) 629-0091

Contingency Prizes
For drivers on Maxxis tires
1st - $750
2nd - $500
3rd - $250
*Note: Special pricing on Maxxis tires is available. Please contact info@DGTrials.com for more information on how to become eligible.

There will be a required decal package which DGTrials will provide to competitors. Drivers not running the required decal package in the required locations will not be eligible to receive prizes.

Registered Drivers

Instructors and Guests
Erik "La Douche" Jacobs
Toni "Where's my pants?" Schulz
Yancey "Killer" Paslay

StormTroopers
Josh "Indestructable Miata" Moldanado
Ryan "Bonecrusher" Quinn
Nick "Failure" Hodjaian
Mike "Mr Anlet" Ranlet

Drivers
1 Laurentz "DragonForge" Zulaica
2 www.DriftBasic.com "I'm a website foo!"
3 Carles "Z31 Feva!" Thompson (Team Castro)
4 Ilida "Panda Bear" Dzinic
5 Sean "I-4 Warrior" Olsen (Team Castro)
6 Matthew "Opie" Lowe
7 Robert "STFU and Drive" Duerscheidt
8 "Slick" Rick Tavares
9 Jason "Boxmod" Jiovani (XAT Racing)
10. Kyle "Kleen" Lauritano
11 Michael "Dishes are done" Giacobbe
12 Jon "The Chimichunga" Schanz
13 Jacob "Sile" Hicks
14 Jerome "Butternut" Davidson (AK Night Monkeys)
15 Terry "Bill" Sherman
16 Andy "Agent" Carroll
17 Anthony "TonyMac!" Macaluso
18 Jonathan "Marty Marty Marty" Martin (ATL Slide Service)
19 George "Sleepy" Falvella
20 Ivan "CFP Ivan" Silva
21 Jeff "Bovine" Frontcakas
22 Marco "Busted" Garcia
23 Stephen "Dunn" Dixon
24 Travis "Where's the smoke?" Deems (Drift Star Syndicate)
25 Patrick "Chipmunk Buddies" Cunningham
26 Mike "Asparagus" Peralta
27 Miles "Kilometers" Flick (Banzai)
28 Ryan "Miatas aren't gay" Kaufman
29 Kris "Cloud 9" Hundredmark
30 Sean "Kraut > Rice" Love
31 Raffi "The Terminal" Karakouzian (AK Night Monkeys)
32 Shant "The Terminator" Karakouzian (AK Night Monkeys)
33 Sam "Man of Mystery" Lau
34 Alex "Cueball" Cuevas
35 Jacob "Great Lake" Herron
36 Jordan "I Gots the Smoke" Pamer (Drift Star Syndicate)
37 Jodin "Wonder of the South" Lejeune (Coming from Woodstock, GA)
38 Jose "Hey Hey Hey" Tejada
39 Alan "Move it Boy!" Goodwin (Coming from Aiken, SC)
40 Dad "Back" Vassallo (No Ants Parent)

Updated 8/21/06

More details coming soon!

slideordiefooter.jpg

------------------------------

Participants' Imperative "Need to Know":

1) If people want to drive, make SURE that your name appears on the drivers registration list above. This is especially important for people who have sold their spots to someome else.

If your name is not on this list of drivers, we will not let you drive the day of the event.

2) Make sure that your car meets DGtrials tech requirements. We will be running militant tech inspection because we do not want any problems. We are particurlarly picky about seatbelts, battery tie-downs and lug nuts (make sure you have them all).

3) Bring sunscreen and a way to keep cool. Non-driving attendees are strongly urged to bring a place to sit and some shade in some form (hat, umbrella, etc). OGP has a fence along the front straight behind which people are welcome to watch, but we will not be providing bleechers, a canopy or anything of that sort. Keep yourselves out of the hot Florida sun for maximum enjoyment.

For any questions, consult www.dgtrials.com If you can't find help there, contact me at mike.ranlet@dgtrials.com, CRUNCHmonster on AIM or 941.224.7235

Last edited:
lol so if you dont use maxxis tires or wear their decals you dont get any prizes even if u do better than everyone else? sweet!!!

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that contingency meant "extra"

Or more proper - something that can happen, but that generally is not anticipated

Is this a competition or a track day?

kwkouki said:
I was always under the impression that contingency meant "extra"

Or more proper - something that can happen, but that generally is not anticipated

Is this a competition or a track day?

Contingency is like a provisional contract. One term must be met in order for the conditions to take place. In other words, Maxxis is offering us money if we win on their tires. DGTrias is offering us a competition. If we run the Maxxis tires and place well in the DGTrials competition, we get money. Contingency is where FD drivers make most of their money...FD pays winners like $500 The sponsors offer kick backs depending on wins.

This is a competition. Track days take place on race tracks. :bigthumbu

yea the maxxis crap sucks by the time your done buying 4 maxxis tires and registering that $750 dollar prize just became 200 bucks.

But I'm driving for bragging rights fuck the money..........

yeah unless something really cool happens here soon i wont be driving, i'll probly do osw instead im not good enough for ocala lol

someone needs to build a fukin DRIFTLAND style track in around here for 365day usage practice/competition! :D that event sounds like its gonna be dope... but due to funds and lack of skill count me out

BiG MiKE said:
thats too far a drive.. dont think my car will make it after a beating on the track..

it should be able to make it back.

find a trailer. rent a uhaul trailer if you have to.

BiG MiKE said:
thats too far a drive.. dont think my car will make it after a beating on the track..

WTF? Get a new engine then. I beat my SR for years and she's still kicking!

but due to funds and lack of skill count me out

That's the whole reason to go to an event like this, to improve your skill. And this is way cheaper then getting caught drifting in the streets.... trust me ;)

Back
Top Bottom