Dewalt dw292 or other electric impact

Tonymac

P I Z Z A
Driver
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm thinking of picking up the dw292. Of course an air compressor and air tools would be better but not practical for me at all.

dewalts are ok they really just hype the name, ive had 2 clutches wear out on my old 18vt hammerdrill within months of each other, id say for the price of a dewalt you could get a decent panasonic impact driver, they make suprisingly sturdy and long lastin drivers

I don't even care to get cordless. Prices get way high and performance is mehhh. I was thinking corded dewalt or makita.

i love makita products and they back up there products very well. I tare tools apart on a regular basis and makita replaces all of them no questions asked.

i used a lot of makita when i worked at Benz and like sas said, they replace it with no problem.... i have a chicago corded ( i know it sucks but i got it for an awesome price at harbor freight). it hasnt let me down yet and its been a little less than a year that i have had it...

and cordless is a very nice luxury to have becuase you can take it to an event like my cordless impact gun i use at events to change my tires....yeah in like 2-3 minutes my rear tires are swapped.

just something to think about...

I know but I really just want this for the garage so I'd rather get the maximum effect.

oh well, get a corded one becuase i hate whem y battery dies in the middle of doing something and then i forget to finish tightening it lol....

but yeah dude makita is really good. a lot of mechanics love it and i love their 1/4 size stuff ( like mini impacts and impact drivers) becuase they fit anywhere and at benz dude everything is in little tight spaces...

i used husky before but they are ehh not too great and warranty is a mission.

i assume your not looking into snap on cus of the prices?

ever thought of the other big guys like Mac or Matco? hell even cornwell?

Snap on doesn't have any 1/2" electric impact wrenches listed on their site, otherwise they'd be in there too.

Between the dewalt, makita, and milwaukee; the dewalt has the best specs. 7.5 amps, 345 ft/lbs, and imp 2700.

If you see something better, link me!

hands down for me, if you can't get snap on, makita is the way to go.

btw ant its been awhile since we chilled, last time was when we went to boomers, when vic was down here.

Last edited:
dewalts fail horribly. do not buy anything dewalt. calling dewalt a professional style tool should be illegal. i've had alot of experience with dewalt and to be honest, unless thats the tool im provided with, i wouldn't buy one ever again.

my first makita impact lasted me 5 years. well it still works, i picked up a new and like it even more cuz it have that led light on it so you can see in tight places. i think it has like 90 ftibs of tourque? i would never buy a drill unless it was makita.

hands down for me, if you can't get snap on, makita is the way to go.

btw ant its been awhile since we chilled, last time was when we went to boomers, when vic was down here.

Ahh I didn't even know that was you. Hell yeah mang we'll get some cake and crotch stab some bitches. :bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom