Desoto Speedway has new owners!

Jen

Driver
I don't know what this will mean to the future of Desoto Drift... I will be meeting with the new owners very soon to discuss our events and express our wishes. I do know that the new owners plan to repave soon. :) I will keep everyone posted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE NEW OWNERS OF DESOTO SPEEDWAY

To all the fans, owners, and drivers, Mike Chase and I, Kevin Williams have purchased DeSoto Speedway which includes 63 acres which will allow us to expand in the years to come and which will soon to be named Full Throttle Speedway. We would like to first thank John and his family for their hard work and dedication to racing in the state of Florida and as they move on to their next chapter in life. We would like to let all of you know our plans for the future of Full Throttle Speedway.

As the owners of Punta Gorda Speedway for the past two and a half years most of you already know what we stand for and that is Family Fun and Hard Nose Racing entertainment. We will be doing some upgrades to the track in the next month and plan on having a grand opening on April 6th, as we are working on our schedule for the upcoming season which will run from April to December. With the uncertainty of Punta Gorda Speedway we felt it was the best time to take on another track to make sure the future will still be bright in Southwest Florida for the fans, racers, and to secure our kids have a fun safe place to race and call home.

Thank you all for your continued support.
Mike Chase and Kevin Williams

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

If you have ever enjoyed an event at Desoto or even plan to one day.... Make sure you "like" the Desoto Drift page on Facebook and share it with everyone.... so that when I show them our community, we are big and powerful :)

https://www.facebook.com/DesotoDrift

is the punta gorda speedway the same thing as Charlotte Speedway?
cause i know there was drifting there a few years back and then they stopped doing it... hopefully this doesnt spread to Desoto :(

keep us posted Jen!

edit: i live 30 mins or so from that area.. a local track with events would be super legit. and theres a bunch of local drivers that would be in attendance often.

Last edited:
Desoto is always packed! If they seen driftmas then there should be drifting for years to come. I really hope they do repave. Makeing the infield wider would be really nice and I would think that would keep the dirt drops down and save the edges of the asfalt from getting chewed up.

I hate to say this because I love drifting and desoto is awesome

But

GENERALLY when places get repaved..... See ya later drifting. We all know drifting isn't what destroys tracks, but idiots that do standing burnouts and do "super sick gnarly" on power dirt drops do. Blowing tires and cruising around on your wheels doesn't help the track much either.
I really hope the new owners will allow drifting because I really wanna drive desoto again.

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Back
Top Bottom