Demolition begins!!!!!!!

all the carpet,tack boards, and base boards all ripped outa the house!!

Thx to Chuck-a-souras rex...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

tomorrow we will tackle the popcorn to get ready for paint!

Last edited:
popcorn roof is easy. Just get one of those big drywall spatulas and scrap. I had to do mines after Wilma tore half my room apart. 3K just on half the room

more pix from today...the light at the end of the small tunnel is gettin bigger...

"ready to rock"
letsdothis.jpg

removing popcorn sux the big one! so imma pay someone to finish the rest!
popcornremoval.jpg

master and spare bedrooms floors are ready for tile. and the closets too!
MBfloorreadyfortile.jpg

SBreadyfortile.jpg

closetreadyfortile2.jpg

closetreadyfortile.jpg

so is the living room floor...
LRfloorreadyfortile2.jpg

LRfloorreadyfortile.jpg

now onto removing the bathroom style tile from the kitchen walls...(the wifey aint affraid to get dirty)
kitchenwalltileremoval.jpg

kitchentileremoval3.jpg

kitchenwalltileremoval2.jpg

thats it for today...tomorrow i will using my chipping hammer to remove the remainder of the floor tile in the house...getting closer to movin our shit in!

if you can put the scrapper on a long pole its less of a bitch since you dont have to constantly move around a ladder

if you can put the scrapper on a long pole its less of a bitch since you dont have to constantly move around a ladder

We attempted that.. and it went horribly wrong for two reason.
1. We are both short.. all the poles we had weren't long enough.. (genetic fail).
2. When we attemped to do it.. we kept putting dents into the celing. It was hard to factor how hard or how soft to scrape. When removing the popcorn you have to drench it in water.. and the popcorn on our celing was thick in some spots and light on the others.. the only to push on the celing correctly without putting a dent into the actual ceiling was to stand on the 3rd step of the ladder and do it by hand.

Hence.. we are hiring a professional.

Man that sucks. But as long as it isnt major. Some joint compound and perhaps the joint compound tape could fix it. But its aways easier to hire someone. You guys are lucky that you dont have to replace drywall on a ceiling. You have to balance it on your head and still have like 2 or 3 other people help hold it up and screw in. GL w/ the build

sweet deal rodd. it's coming along. it will be done before you know it. ^_^ i'm very happy for you guys and can't wait to see the finished product!

Man that sucks. But as long as it isnt major. Some joint compound and perhaps the joint compound tape could fix it. But its aways easier to hire someone. You guys are lucky that you dont have to replace drywall on a ceiling. You have to balance it on your head and still have like 2 or 3 other people help hold it up and screw in. GL w/ the build

im always one to try it yourself if youve never done it...but that shit just plain out sux lol!

sweet deal rodd. it's coming along. it will be done before you know it. ^_^ i'm very happy for you guys and can't wait to see the finished product!

ev you better come over when red tags up the garage! maybe next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom