Damn i should have bought a 60d

greddy2die

Driver
Hows it going guys, ive been thinking more and more lately about purchasing a nice DSLR camera. I like taking pictures of random things however all I have ever used were my sister's stupid ass point and shoots.

Ive been looking online at some canon camera's etc to purchase but i was wondering what are some good places to do some research a suitable camera and lens for me. Id like to do still photography however i'll do the occasional car event etc if im there.

How much money are you looking to spend? If you're just getting into it and it will be your first DSLR Id probably recommend a nikon D40 or something similar.. I don't really know canon cameras.

get a nikon d300. it is an awesome camera. but get the body only, and them pick out what size lens you want seperate. Try going on bandhphoto.com

Canon t3 same price as a rebel but with alot more features

you do know that the t3 is a rebel right?

Like kesly said. How much are you willing to spend. dslr's can get very expensive very fast just like cars. Don't just price out camera bodies or kits and then call it a day. After awhile you will want either a wider lens or a telephoto. I don't have much gear but its already over 4k which is a drop in the bucket. There's still about 7-8k more in lenses I want to get. This doesn't include lights, triggers, stands, and other small things.

Price wise I know they are a good amount of money, its an investment id be willing to make. I dont mind spending 700+ on a body its something ive always wanted. I was never satisfied with stupid point and shoots. Ive always had a fasination with taking pictures but I just never had a worthy camera so I never pursued anything. Oh yeah, and I didnt have a stable job a long time ago haha.

I know all hobbies are expensive in the long run, I dont mind it. I need something else to get me off the ps3 all day hah

come to me with what you want to spend.

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

get a canon 60d
you will be happy.

Body is less important Glass is King. Anyone you choose will be better than a point and shoot.

yeah as far as brands of camera's and systems most people are Biased to the brand they like. They are all good, some have advantages over others but usually there is some drawbacks as well.

I like Nikon but thats my choice but Canon and Sony are really good as well.

yeah as far as brands of camera's and systems most people are Biased to the brand they like. They are all good, some have advantages over others but usually there is some drawbacks as well.

I like Nikon but thats my choice but Canon and Sony are really good as well.

Almost the same thing I was going to say.

Ive shot with a d300s and I currently use a Nikon D3, waiting to upgrade to the D3S.. i loved the d300 as a beginning dslr... and I love my d3 even more.

Well, I ordered a camera yesterday. Going to have fun messing around with it and learning so I can take some cool photos when I go on vacation to NYC next week.

Picked up a Canon t3i with an 18-135mm f/3.5-6.5 lens

I think im going to order a 50mm f/1.8 lens also before I head out on vacation. :D

Damn I remember when the 50mm was 80 new. lol

Would of gone the 60D, it should holds its value better then a rebel.

Back
Top Bottom