D1gp

HEY SHIT HEADS.... ITS NOT CANCELED!!!!!!

I just called and spoke to someone and they said that its not canceled they are just trying to work out some of the kinks with the different venus(spell) the lady said that she has not heard of any cancelations and that they would keep the site updated. THANK GOD its still on!!

If they did, it would almost be understandable. Dont get me wrong, I would be pissed if it didnt come cuase I was really looking forward to it, but from their standpoint it kinda makes sence. Nothing can come to America without turning into shit. Everything gets "americanized."
I've heard shit about Rhys Millen wants to start drifting trucks so they can have jumps and shit on the course. Im sorry, but that shit just sounds gay as fuck. If its not Nascar or monster trucks, most Americans dont understand it so they think its stupid.

I would rather see D1 go back to Japan and stay in Japan.....reason being is exactly what ^^ you said. Everything that hits our shores gets americanized....D1 is not going to tolerate that. Dunlop Tires isn't even the title sponsor anymore for D1 USA. But if it does stay, I just wish and hope it will not kill the original sport.

ie: in Japan, if you take the better line and pass the car ahead of you cause they took the wrong line then its an automatic win. In US, if you pass the car in front of you, even if he takes a shitty line, your automatically disqualified. WTF???

It is that easy. You just have to look for the ways to do it. I've actually researched it, and I could be there tomorrow if I wanted to. There are so many programs that it's not even funny. All it takes is some sort of post-high school degree (and not even that if you stretch your research farther out more).

Every country does that. I've been tempted time and time again go to Japan/Germany for a year. I'm too damn attached to my car, friends and job in SFL though.

It is that easy. You just have to look for the ways to do it. I've actually researched it, and I could be there tomorrow if I wanted to. There are so many programs that it's not even funny. All it takes is some sort of post-high school degree (and not even that if you stretch your research farther out more).

Every country does that. I've been tempted time and time again go to Japan/Germany for a year. I'm too damn attached to my car, friends and job in SFL though.

and thats why im not in japan right now, because i dont have a degree... yet. trust me, ive done my research too.

If you did your research, you know about the JET program. There are many companies that do similar programs that you need nothing more than a high school degree. Pay isn't great, but some of them offer housing + pay.

There are websites with such job postings. The only drawback from that is that I could never find a way to do a background check on them for that matter.

I researched this 2-3 years ago, and I am not 100% if I remember this correctly, but as long as you get a legit job offer where you go through all the paperwork, the Japanese government actually aids you by providing background check and information on the company to make sure you are not being scammed.

Once I was stuck at an airport overnight because of problems with my flight and I came across some dude from Bulgaria. I was trying to help him contact his "employer" which he flew over to the US to work for. All the contact info was non-existant. All he had were directions to a Ramada Inn and a handful of phone numbers that did not exist.

I felt bad for him, I honestly thought he was f*cked. And for that experience alone is why I never felt comfortable going without a degree. Most legit legit companies will require some sort of degree (an A.A. will work), and then you're covered by all of the legal processes where the government puts their nose in. So you have a 3rd party as a basic CYA.

If you don't have a degree, you can always enlist in the army. Most guys who do it don't seem to complain.

- Erick

i mean super street is reporting that there will be a US series as well as confirmed moroso as a location.
Thank god decent drifting in fla finally.

Back
Top Bottom