corolla comparison

haha ive had a "daily drifter"... every month so far has been a new 240 this is my like 5th one and i break them in a week! if i dont wreak it within the first tank of gas its a maricle!

pjmrnolife said:
haha ive had a "daily drifter"... every month so far has been a new 240 this is my like 5th one and i break them in a week! if i dont wreak it within the first tank of gas its a maricle!
HAHAHAHA I CAN VOUCHE FOR THAT!!!!

pjmrnolife said:

:eek: Damn well then all I can say is don't buy an ae86, there are not many of them around. We can't have them wrecked like that. All you need to worry about is practice a lot and learn how to maintain a car lol.

this kid need to NOT have a car... he sucks @ life in general... wrecks 240's left and right... damn shame if u ask me...

The Redline 03 said:
:eek: Damn well then all I can say is don't buy an ae86, there are not many of them around. We can't have them wrecked like that. All you need to worry about is practice a lot and learn how to maintain a car lol.
+1000000000

screw you mike i mean mister afriad to try anything other than a donut...i admit im wild and will try anythign stupid but man its a rush slidin at like 50 into a tree!

pjmrnolife said:
screw you mike i mean mister afriad to try anything other than a donut...i admit im wild and will try anythign stupid but man its a rush slidin at like 50 into a tree!
haha! i got ur donut right here buddy! lol ill kill u in slidin now... and its not that im "afraid" i just protect my investment... ur 240 = $1000 my 180 = +11k hmmm... to tree or not to tree

lets go out friday night or sumthin, meet you at towers maybe? we can go to your spot with the flat black kid

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM why do people wreck cars so easily....yes i crashed mine into a pole or two. but damn maybe some of you should never ever ever ever ever street drift near me or anyone else. get some car control people.....ive been through one FC and thats drifting 7 days a week for months and months.

POLE-POSITION said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM why do people wreck cars so easily....yes i crashed mine into a pole or two. but damn maybe some of you should never ever ever ever ever street drift near me or anyone else. get some car control people.....ive been through one FC and thats drifting 7 days a week for months and months.

The only thing I have ever hit while drifting was a sign. I was going though an avenue with nice wide turns. I kick the clutch in third gear, and pull off a nice drift. I bring the car back straight, but the car goes back into the drift in the same direction. I didn't react fast enough to save it, so my front bumper hit a sign. It was in my MA70 Supra last year. I was used to the quick steering input of my old AE86, and I just couldn't handle the huge weight of the Supra. My buddy was behind me drifting his 86 coupe. I just looked at him, and we busted out laughing.

The Redline 03 said:

Lmao!!! I read that like 5 times and laughed everytime lol.

well i go all out to learn whether it means risking my car if i pull it off smooth it was all worth it!

...i think u should start out slow... stop trying to be Kazama... :D the more downtime ur car has the less seat time u get...

i had a 1986 corolla for a bit over two years...and with the carbed motor i could only go out in the rain 'cause i was a newb then, the engine ran on 2.5cyl and had trouble revvin second gear so dry drifting is out of the question...yes power matters

then i dropped a 20v and suspension which made the whole world of a difference becuase i now had over 120hp extra and a stiff ass suspension that with the smallest of faints the car would throw my rear out....towards the end i had a trd lsd and sold the car two weeks later to just philipine guy in MI!

Conclusion I've never had a 240, but i do have a bmw 325i and even though the corolla was a LOT MORE FUN, the e30 handles and drifts much better (much harder though). I will stay away from 240s just 'cause they're horribly engineered cars and are only good for drifting 'cause they handle like shit but are easy to learn to drift on.

parts support on the ae86 blows. e30's even have a better aftermarket and there's 1000x more parts for the 240...that and the sr are about the only good things about them nissans

240WNED said:
...i'd had to admit e30 > ae86 >> my 240s ..

etxxz said:
Conclusion I've never had a 240, but i do have a bmw 325i and even though the corolla was a LOT MORE FUN, the e30 handles and drifts much better (much harder though). I will stay away from 240s just 'cause they're horribly engineered cars and are only good for drifting 'cause they handle like shit but are easy to learn to drift on.

:bigthumbu :laugh:

Last edited:
etxxz said:
i had a 1986 corolla for a bit over two years...and with the carbed motor i could only go out in the rain 'cause i was a newb then, the engine ran on 2.5cyl and had trouble revvin second gear so dry drifting is out of the question...yes power matters

then i dropped a 20v and suspension which made the whole world of a difference becuase i now had over 120hp extra and a stiff ass suspension that with the smallest of faints the car would throw my rear out....towards the end i had a trd lsd and sold the car two weeks later to just philipine guy in MI!

parts support on the ae86 blows. e30's even have a better aftermarket and there's 1000x more parts for the 240...that and the sr are about the only good things about them nissans

yea yea thats exactly what i was thinking..................... :wtf:

no

etxxz said:
I will stay away from 240s just 'cause they're horribly engineered cars and are only good for drifting 'cause they handle like shit but are easy to learn to drift on.

Totally! :bigthumbu

pjmrnolife said:
they say if you can drift a corolla u can drift anything...since i dont know shi*

Replace "they" with "initial D" and you have the source of that stupid ass quote.

Initial D = far cry from the truth. Go tape your hands to your steering wheel and drive down a mountain at around a 100mph all while trying not to spill a drop of water from a filled cup and you'll see what I mean. ;)

dori dori said:
Go tape your hands to your steering wheel and drive down a mountain at around a 100mph all while trying not to spill a drop of water from a filled cup and you'll see what I mean. ;)

man that made me laugh :laugh:

My first car was an AE86. Their great cars, no matter how many times something broke on it, I couldnt dislike the car. They were treated harsh by their past owners in their early and mid lives, and they still survive today, that in my opinion, is a great car.

Might not be the fastest out there, or the best, but if you own an AE86 because you love it, then that really doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom