cooling issue...

I just cant figure it out.... please 240sx gurus... enlighten me...

92 Nissan 240sx

my car runs hotter than it should... everytime I turn her off, coolant starts to bubble out the resevoir tank and sometimes spill out... so I have to put alil coolant in every monthish or so. Car runs great for the most part, I just cant figure out why it does that or why it runs alil hotter... any ideas?? thx much appreciated

BTW: when I started it... fine... driving her... fine... (the temp gauge is at half way when im on the road, all the time) I know she should be running alittle cooler....

the coolant gauge should read at the third line thats normal temp whats happening is you probably have air in the system

there is a screw right on the top front left side of the motor where the top radiator line hose to loosen the screw and turn the car on let it run for a wile untill all the air in the line comes out then you can add more coolant and repeat the process. hopefully that helps.

burp your radiator so that no air is in their. ^ as mentioned above, their is a small screw on the passenger side where you can burp it. burp it for like 2-3 minutes. You might want to change your thermostat out with a 170 instead of the stock one since the stocker is probably a 195. I run the 170 from stant and mine will only go as high as 2 bars but occasionally 2.5 when doing long trips. have fun.... chow

the air release screw i've done many times... I open up the screw, run the car for sometimes close to an hour just to make sure... still no luck. I replaced my thermostat twice. havent tried the 170 thermostat... guess ill try that tomorrow.. this shit is frustratin the hell outta me.. thanks for the tips.. much appreciated

i just got the new 170 thermostat ill be putting in tomorrow... I bought some.. well basically its a green Universal coolant... but maybe i should go search for the correct one for a 240?

also when "bleeding" the system, I basically took the top radiator hose off and the bottom one off and jammed a hose in it and ran her for about 30 min till the rut and what not color started to clear up... still no luck.. :/

thx for the help guys ill let you know the update in the next 2 days

this is what i did when i burped mine. when the car is still cool enough to open the radiator cap, jack up the car, turn the heater on full, then fill as it as needed, once the car warms up you'll see the air bubbles rise

This is what worked for me. So just my .2 If #1 don't work go to #2 if nothing then #3 and last #4.
1. Run no thermostat, were in florida, its already at operating temp in like 5 mins...
2. Get new radiator cap-$7-$9 at advance
3. Get water wetter
4. Get new radiator- I bought a mishimoto, no heating probs, even with no fan.

Back
Top Bottom