computer help

Devil Man

Spectator
I dont know where to put this so do as you wish.

I cant seem to print on my wireless network anymore. I at one point was able to do it. then one day... woosh no more printing to my wireless network. i cant seem to figure it out maybe one of you can help me out. thanks

its a printer that is wired to the main comp. i havent made any changes that i am aware of, but i must have done something to cause it to stop printing.

yep

okay, first if its hardwired to the desktop computer you must make sure that computer is turned on first....if all the computers are turned on and you cant do it still..make sure the printer is shared...after that make sure every computer is on the same workgroup name...after that if all the same problems occur, Id try and either reinstall printer or disable firewall settings temp etc.....If any of the wireless is Vista though ya may just be f%$#%ed because of the spooler service

how do i check to see if the printer is shared? do i check the printer status on the desktop or my lap top? and do i disable the firewall on the desk top or the lap top... and what the hell is the spooler serivce? haha.

yep

google is your best friend.......firewall could be causing issues on all the computers......as far as sharing...right click the printer.....>start>control panel>printers and faxes> right click the printer (make sure your printer is the default) there should be a sharing option...Unless its home edition than easy file sharing might be turned on and its to much to type...........

Make sure its not a network issue before you go around debugging everything else. Trying pinging each computer from one another.

did u get it to work?

if not, can u print from the computer its connected directly to? (call this computer A)
if not, either printer is fucked or the cable or the drivers(software) for the printer is messed up. Maybe windows automatic update changed the driver and now it doesn't work.

did u get it to work?

if not, can u print from the computer its connected directly to? (call this computer A)
if not, either printer is fucked or the cable or the drivers(software) for the printer is messed up. Maybe windows automatic update changed the driver and now it doesn't work.

no i couldnt get it to work... yeah computer A prints, and so does the other lap top in the network. its just my lap top that wont print.

oh and ninja... i dont know how to do what you just asked me too.

Last edited:
yep, i could prob fix this in person in 2 secs but i live in jville :*( try a system restore back to a date when everything was working on your laptop...Start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore.....select restore computer to earlier time...pick a calender date when everything was working and keep clicking next till it does the rest for you..... If you pick a restore date for a week ago though you will lose that info between then and now....good luck

ew, don't do that, system restore ftl.

Try reinitializing the driver, right click on it and select use offline, then wait a few seconds for the icon to fade a bit, then right click and select use online.

If that doesn't work let someone you trust remote assist you (goto start, all programs, Remote Assistance) and follow the wizard, I would do it, but then I don't think you want to see 2g1c come out of your printer frame-by-frame.

Back
Top Bottom