Computer Crashed..

J30 Meghz

Media
I think my computer crashed..

Its a black page, that gives me a few options to click.. such as.

safe mode
safe mode with networking
start with last settings used..
start windows normally.

and when I click on them.. None of them work. And my computer wont start! =(

Does anyone know what I can do..
I cant get to my pictures, nothing. I hope I didnt loose anything. That wont be good

Does anyone selling a laptop? Have hook ups with laptops? Anything.. One you wanna give away lol

Or can anyone help me thanks so much. :mad:

It should start in safe mode and have really big icons n shit that way you can save some stuff...when that happened to mine i just reinstalled windows..but you should try n save some stuff first if possible

What was the last thing you did before this error occurred?

It still doesn't want to start after you choose "Start Windows Normally"?

If this is the first time you are restarting the computer after the "crash" and it is unresponsive there really is not anything you can do aside from holding the power button until it turns off. Unplug it for 10 mins and while it is unplugged press the power button a few times which would discharge any capacitors on the motherboard. Plug computer back in to the wall and turn it on. It may start normally any have the default video card properties, huge resolution and low bit output for picture quality. The fix there would to adjust the video card\ monitor settings according to your taste and back up all your pictures so you do not loose them in the future. If it dose not boot normally and it returns to the same screen giving you different boot options, go with what bladder said and try to start windows normally. If some crazy shit happens and your desktop dose not show up or the screen goes blank, turn off and try safe mode which should work. If not you have bigger problems. As a last resort, lets hope you have used that nifty windows backup procedure thingy to make an image of the hard drive so windows can restore that last known good setting.

If at any time an error message comes up write down the error number and the color of the screen and text.

Did you break a laptop or a desktop unit?

it wont do anything, when I click on any option. safe mode, nor start windows normally... Nothing. After I click on it.. it seems like it trys to start, But wont.. Goes right back to the same screen. ^ ill do what you said, and un plug it. Ive shut it off, and back on again, and same error page is on the screen.. Bladder I didnt do anyhting. i was away from my computer at the time, and it was just on the black page, giving me options. I know my computer as alot of shit on it. Could use a good cleaning. So I have no idea.

Sounds like the hard drive with your operating system went down the tubes. Same thing happened to me a few years back

If that's the case then you will have to get another hard drive and install windows on that. Chances are the other drive just has a bad sector and you will be able to recover most of your files if you install the drive as a second drive and access the files. I cant remember if I needed some special program to read the files directly in NTFS or FAT32 or whatever....

Oh, amd make SURE you don't save anything to that old drive after you install it again as a second drive because it might overwrite existing files.

Last edited:
If you get me your laptop, I can probably fix it. Chances are you don't need a new hard drive or anything like that.

Easy way out >here<
Put your computer operating discs back in
It'll reprogram your computer
TaDaa! Information will be lost though, unless you backed up all of your files with something or somewhere

^Nah, that's not true. You can the OS disks (safe to say and assume XP here) to only overwrite the OS files. The only things that will be lost are the service packs or updates available (and installed) after the disk was made.

Unless of course we're talking about crappy system restore discs.

This is on a laptop??? I would take it to somebody then, TonyMac is prolly your best bet. I don't even know where to start with laptops.

I only know that once this exact thing happened to me on a desktop and it was because the drive with my OS had failed, it couldnt boot because it couldnt read anything. What you are getting is just the initialization in BIOS, once it goes to boot, it needs to read Windows files from the HD so either some of the OS files are corrupted or something is going wrong with the process of reading from the .

Call TMAC

tonymac is right try to get it over to him, i would do for you too (geek squad employee) but i live in west palm beach. dont think you want to drive that far. but ya you could do a repair install on your os and see if that fixes the problem if not you might some bad hardware. either way if you do have to replace your hard drive just have them hook your current one as a slave and transfer your data from it to your replacement or you can by an enclosure and put your old drive in there and hook it up external.

Geek squad huh? How do you like it there. I'm sick of my job and am looking for a new one. Need a change of pace basically. PM some little details if you get the chance. I'm in Boca btw.

Back
Top Bottom