Colin McRae (died)

johnpaul parkerson

beefcurtin lover
Driver
coppied from another forum

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1284278,00.html

Crash Helicopter Registered To McRae

Updated: 20:40, Saturday September 15, 2007
A helicopter that crashed in rural Scotland today was registered to rally driver Colin McRae, it has been revealed.
Strathclyde Police said there were no survivors after the aircraft came down near Lanark this afternoon.

It is not known whether the former world rally champion, who has a pilot's licence, was on board.

Police have said extensive damage was done to the twin squirrel helicopter and they were not immediately able to confirm how many people had been travelling in the craft.

There will be no formal identification of any victims this evening.

The air accident investigation team are en route to establish the cause of the crash.

The Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed that its own helicopter was despatched to the scene along with three ambulance crews and units from Strathclyde Fire Brigade.

Sky Correspondent James Matthews said: "My understanding is that the helicopter involved is registered to Colin McRae, the former world rally champion former world rally champion.

"He lives on an estate where this crash took place, the Jervis Wood estate just outside Lanark in the central belt of Scotland.

"All police will say it that they are in touch with the family to try to establish the identity of those on board the helicopter."

and heres a link to confirm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article2461339.ece

holy fuck i was just reading a british newsite WTF. reality check people as far as i know nobody from this community has passed away but ive lost 3 friends since being a member here so remember how easily you can lose someone or they can lose you.

wow man wat a blow that sucks damn may he rest in peace him his 5year old son and da rest of the victims truly truly sad

I just heard it during the F1 race, so sad. He was an Icon in the rally world. R.I.P. buddy you're in a better place now.

Still kind of in shock and wanted to post when it was confirmed. I'll miss that crazy, super aggressive driver :( . I can't think of a better way to end this but from what I read in another forum. . .

A quote from the Scottish Subaru Impreza Driver's Club, which formed a parade outside of his house,

"May you enjoy going 'flat out' in God's special stage."

Here's a cool vid of McRae. RIP
[yt]gIgwec_UvRc[/yt]

DrumFunKen said:

That was an awesome video!!

It's weird, just 2 weeks ago I was in Lanarkshire for quite a few days because some of my family was born there, and then when I found out about this I checked www.colinmcrae.com and there's this:

"Chief Superintendent Tim Love, Divisional Commander, South Lanarkshire Division, said today......" What are the odds......

World champion only once, but McRae isn't the most famous name in rallying for nothing. His unreal driving style demanded respect and earned him fans in every contry. It's no surprise that a lot of the rallies he retired from he was leading by a good margin. I think he was one of those drivers that just didn't know how to slow down. All or nothing damnit and bloody hell if it wasn't entertaining to watch! I actually lost interest in WRC for a couple years after he left. I mean who else will roll a car numerous times in the same rally and still finish??

Almost like there is a Subaru curse though..... Mark Lovell, Roger Freeman, Richard Burns and now McRae...... such a shame

We will miss you Colin!

I heard about this on Saturday night at my friend's house. I remember watching him so many times on Speed, always amazing. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom