Clutch slave cylinder keeps busting.

Mannie111

Just installed a new tranny and now every time i bleed the clutch system and get it to perfect pressure, the piston in the slave cylinder seems to break or something and the all the brake fluid starts flowing out from around the piston.

just went through two brand new slave cylinders from autzone. i'm running a simplified clutch system setup:

master cylinder > agency power stainless steel clutch line > autozone slave cylinder.

i've heard a lot of shit about the agency power line, could it be that the line sucks or something and is not relieving any of the built up pressure?

you have another problem. like jackson said i bet the adjustment on pedal is moving too much fluid blowing out the slave. Or someone put the fork in wrong wich is very hard to fuck up.

i run a autozone slave with a stage 4 clutch so i dont see how they could be a problem

thanks for all the help.

i seriously doubt it could be the master i've installed them a couple times and never had a problem.
how would the fork be installed wrong? i don't even see how the pedal would work if the for was installed wrong isn't there only one way to install it?

what i don't get is that before i swapped the tranny everything worked fine with okay clutch pedal pressure.
the only thing different now is a new tranny so why is it now that this is happening?

Is it possible that the clutch pivot fork might me causing a problem? I pressure cleaned the inside of the bellhousing before I installed the tranny and I got everything wet. Not sure if that was a smart idea or not... :/

well what exactly needs to be lubricated and with what kind of lubricant?

and i still don't get how this would affect my clutch system? anyone care to break this down for me.

the throw out bearing rides on the shaft. if that is not lubed its not moving freely and could cause unwanted resistance and extra pedal pressure so the piston cant fully extend. the extra pressure blows the seals out of the slave. <-win

Back
Top Bottom