Clutch engagement/disengage issues

Bleak

Driver
Attached are pics of how the clutch sits on the pressure plate, then how it sits on the flywheel. I just finished picking up my tranny + clutch setup from a shop to look it over and they say the clutch is defective and should sit flat/flush against the contact surface of both. Can anybody confirm this? If the clutch is supposed to sit flat or not. I'll have to call up spec if this is true. (This is a brand new clutch setup that has not even been broken in yet, my tranny will shift like perfectly when the car is off through all the gears, but when the car is on it won't disengage the clutch to slip it into a gear)

16556_10200415002476833_781641048_n.jpg

392982_10200415007796966_1171554405_n.jpg

285079_10200415011637062_1851171694_n.jpg

Clutch is absolutely no good. Whoever installed it should have never even installed it! This would never disengage. Send it back get a different brand if you can.

I've been wanting an exedy kit, but found their website a bit confusing. Could someone help me find one that would fit a W58? Keyword fitment would be from a MK4 Supra, or Sc300. Was hoping the budget to be under $500. The car has a 1JZ, and I need the clutch to hold up to atleast ~300HP.

Last edited:
Holy shit I've never seen anything like that. That came new like that? I'm amazed that would have even made it into a box. Whoever boxed that should be fired.

They said I bent it during installation by bolting down the tranny with the input shaft not aligned -.- There is absolutely no damage on the clutch, or my input shaft(or marks, dents) lol. Whatever, not gonna argue with these guys. He pretty much gave me the "take it or leave it" customer service approach. Last time I deal with these fellas.

I've been wanting an exedy kit, but found their website a bit confusing. Could someone help me find one that would fit a W58? Keyword fitment would be from a MK4 Supra, or Sc300. Was hoping the budget to be under $500. The car has a 1JZ, and I need the clutch to hold up to atleast ~300HP.

need to call them up. (800) 346-6091

need the year of the motor/trans setup and they will figure out the best choice based on your power demands.

How would you be able to bend the clutch like that? You would never be able to get the tranny on, more than likely strip the tranny threading or bolt threads before you even get close to it, not to mention the pressure you would need to bend that shit in the first place.

Let's assume we somehow did mess it up, wouldn't there be some type of dent, or mark on the clutch where the input shaft *missed* the target and applied this heavy point of pressure to cause it to bend? I'll take pics of the clutch on both sides and you'll see its immaculate/minty. There's no signs of abuse from an input shaft, nor any dents on my own input shaft for that matter.

Sorry my bloods just boiling right now from these guys giving me the "take it or leave it" routine on the phone. NOBODY has 100% quality control.

I would assume your w58 would explode before your clutch :confused:

chatroulette-trolling-troll-in-the-dungeon_large.jpg

:p

Anyway, thanks for all your help confirming this guys. I'm pretty confident about the move to a exedy clutch system. More than likely a stage 1 organic racing clutch will be more than good enough for what I need at the moment.

I'm glad you got this issue resolved, it's been awhile of weird problems. I hope it's easier from here on out :bigthumbu.

Back
Top Bottom