clutch breakin peroid

P

pjmrnolife

i got a xtd stage 3. ive been driving on it for like 300 or so miles. how much longer should i wait because some say 500 miles 750 or even up to next oil change... so any thoughts

FUK DAT! I WAS ON MY CLUTCH 20 MILES INTO IT! STILL GOIN STRONG WITH ABOUT 250 TO THE WHEELS

btw SPEC STAGE II CLUTCH (STOCK)

Clutch says 500...

I would say somewhere around 400-600

300 might be a bit to soon to start floging the car....

With 150 hp on my na KA24de It's hard not to break the clutch in corectly. I'd say just dont do any 5000 rpm launches with slicks. Put some crappy tires on in the back, so if you put too much torque down you'll break the tires loose and not mess up the clutch. Also, shift softly, you can accelerate fast but dont powershift or chirp gears until it's broken in. It's like brakes, you can get on them but dont do a 90mph lock before they have a couple hundred miles on them

so like clutch kicking at high rpms with like 300miles on it with my stock 240 is safe?

Dude clutch break in is a myth just like engine break in, after 30 mins of stop and go driving its broke in and just to check and make sure at 30mph throw it in 5th and floor it if it doesnt slip your good.

seriously

If the manufacturer says a certain amount of miles for a proper break in you should follow it. They tested the product and know when its ready...soo i would follow what they say if anything give them a call if your not sure about the miles....

-SiR..

hope ur not on boost with that clutch or going on boost ... 1400 pound pressure plate worse then stock .. .thing doesnt even hold on heavy acceleration for me big pos and they say it holds 280 tq pfft sure

Piner said:
Dude clutch break in is a myth just like engine break in, after 30 mins of stop and go driving its broke in and just to check and make sure at 30mph throw it in 5th and floor it if it doesnt slip your good.

seriously

its true.. i just bought a brand new car with 0 miles and broke it in the first 80 lol its under warranty if anything :laugh: but yea you only have to wear the clutch in for like a day normal city driving so the surface is primed for the flywheel and crap like that

dude just drive it for 500 miles, wat u got to lose???

on my car i got an intake headers exhaust and a clutch at the same time, i was desperate to punch itbut i held it for the break in period the paper said, but if i can hold it for 500 mile than u can do it also

Back
Top Bottom