Close to overheating problem!

check for leak on bottom of radiator(the screw thingy), air bubble, leaking headgasket, bad pump(blades turned into nubs), leaking cap. put cardboard under car and let car run for a while then check...

What it came down to is that when the AC was on it would start to heat up. When the AC was off it would be fine. Took thermostat out and it was fine. So what we are thinking of doing is putting 2 more fans in-front of the condenser pushing through it to see if that will help. Plus ill try and fabricate something for better flow. Venting the hood is another idea probably. Any more advice???

a/c condensor produces alot of heat while using the a/c so your thermostat was probably stuck half way open and that is whi it didnt overheat with a/c off

the only thing i can think of maybe is the water pump. we took the thermostat out completely ran good but when AC is on still heats up, flushed out the coolant, bled it and still overheating when AC is on. how will i know its the water pump? leaking?

dude seriously diagnose the problem, if you dont have the knowledge than pay someone to do it. A good mechanic should diagnose that for less than $100
My process would start like this.
1? Does the car have coolant circulation?
2? If yes than check radiator for even temperature (even temp distribution)
3? If no than remove waterpump and inspect impellor likely its bad.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Does the coolant overflow keep filling up?

Ive been trying to figure this out me and my mechanic that I've been with for years. The next thing we will try is 2 more fans in front of the condenser and see. Maybe vent the hood and ducting. But that's why I'm here for other opinions.

ok. so we moved the condenser as much as maybe an inch forward. now the car runs better. still starts to creep up (city and highway), but i can drive longer distances with the AC now. So im guessing just air flow is the issue. Thinking of putting a couple vents in the hood. Any ideas?

ok. been so busy with work and such and finally got to be back on here. Just thought that last resort i would add vents to my oem hood. I like the hood and would do anything first before i chop it up (last resort). Any advice on adding a fan, fan to the condenser, since I moved it a little from the radiator? Change the fans i have there now? Is there a really big difference in fan brands?

did you ever put a different thermostat in it? try a 160 if you have to. Or just test out going thermostat-less and see if it helps.....

If i were you, i would go front bumper-less and drift it on the craziest mountain passes ever!

thermostat has been out since i had this problem. haven't tried another one. i just dont want to hack out my OEM hood just yet if i can find a better solution.

From personal experience some ppl i know when they decide to install a I6 they cheap out on fan's they go to discount and buy some cheap ass fans. You need to run flexalites or something better then that! When i had a Rb25 in my car i ran 2 12' fans and it would drive fine when im daily driving the car once i started to beat on the car temperature would raise will quick i got flexalites and the problem went away..

Also you having A/C in the car makes it worse since you have a condenser in the way.

I can check the car out for you and find a solution for it PM me for more info!

distilled water and water wetter works good my car ran 20 degrees cooler with it sometimes more
get a new or colder thermastat maybe water pump

and stock guages suck
get a aftermarket one so you know what its really doing

but it should be the other way around should be cooler on highway then city

i dont know much about jz swaps though

bills the man

Back
Top Bottom