Cheap paint job(not rattle can). . .

Kenrik said:
I met a guy outside M&L the other day with a R33 S14 who had tried it, looked decent but was seriously in need of a wet sand... I would like to see a finished product that had been properly wetsanded because i'm seriously considering doing this to the front of my coupe untill I get a professional paintjob in a few months.

ahahahhhahahah u met EDWEEZY!!!!!!!!!

Kenrik said:
I met a guy outside M&L the other day with a R33 S14 who had tried it, looked decent but was seriously in need of a wet sand... I would like to see a finished product that had been properly wetsanded because i'm seriously considering doing this to the front of my coupe untill I get a professional paintjob in a few months.

If you wetsand it well enough it'll look perfect. Hands down.

Anyone got any final pics of this? I think im going to be doing this to the slut but i need to know how much mineral spirits to use and what the can looks like cuz i know ill F it up.

Yeah, more info plz... The supra is in desperate need of a paint job... It would be nice to have it in one solid color for once.

It takes reading but if you guys read the website you figure out how much to use. It's really not hard. I posted pics of the finished product in the front end.

Painting is easy... the real challenge is wet sanding. The finish quality will only depend on how well you wetsand it..... and that requires a lot of time and patience. You could easily take 15 minutes on a 1x1ft section of the car.

If you have the patience to do it right... it can look brand new, and I kid you not.

- Erick

erick or anyone who has done this i need ur response asap

where did u buy the paint??? can i get it at home depot cuz i wanna buy it on the way home from work today

and what grit sandpaper did you start out with to wet sand????

do i need to sand off the clearcoat first????

please let me know so i cant start today, and ill post pics of as i go along to show every one

alibaba said:
erick or anyone who has done this i need ur response asap

where did u buy the paint??? can i get it at home depot cuz i wanna buy it on the way home from work today

and what grit sandpaper did you start out with to wet sand????

do i need to sand off the clearcoat first????

please let me know so i cant start today, and ill post pics of as i go along to show every one

+1 very interested in doing this as well

Yeah, I got rustoleum gloss white.

Pre-Paint I used 120 and 240. You need to sand it down properly before you paint.

I did two layers of paint, then wet sanded it with 320. Don't worry if the old paint shows through again, as you'll be doing some more layers of it. After you wet sand it, let it dry, apply two more layers of paint, and wetsand with 600. Two more layers and wetsand with 1200. And then two more layers and wet sand with 1500.

You can skip some of those sandpaper grits if you think that's a lot of work, but it shows on the final product if you did everything right.

It really depends. The instructions where I had read it say "until you get a water-like mixture". I personally found that to be too thin as even with all the care in the world, I was eating through the layers of paint while wet sanding.

i rust-o my hood and it came out really good! i only wet sanded down to 600 and its SUPER GLOSSY if i had taken the time to wet sand it 1500 i have no doubt it would look just like a 5,000 paintjob.i couldnt believe the glossy shine it had after a half ass HAND polishing

ive done it, did you coats and a light sanding looks good but imma paint it all black so will post as soon as im done. but i think it looks better then some oem paint jobs. ( when its sanded and buffed)

got the stuff at home depot... "sunrise red gloss" is pretty much an exact replica of the red on my s14.. im gonna start doing this in january, ill be taking pics of my progress.. ive done body work and paint before so this isnt new to me... i just need to build a little shak that is HIALEAH WEATHERPROOF. lol

it costs 25 dollars
10 at harbor freight for a spray gun(on sale sometimes for 5.99)
7.49 for a pint of paint at wall mart(maker sure its not water based)

Back
Top Bottom