charcol canister S chassis

Sup all
i just removed the charcol canister in my miata....but cant find a clear answer for the S14 any1 know what plugs and what needs a breather?

I figured the hardline that goes to the tank needs somewhere to breath so pressure doesnt build up in the tank...but if it vents itll smell like gas wont it?
...so i was wondering if it could be rerouted somewhere besides the canister of course...

gas smell for track car okay but not for the daily....thanks

i saw the emissions thread but didnt want to thread jack plus its a little diff..:rolleyes:

Sup all
i just removed the charcol canister in my miata....but cant find a clear answer for the S14 any1 know what plugs and what needs a breather?

I figured the hardline that goes to the tank needs somewhere to breath so pressure doesnt build up in the tank...but if it vents itll smell like gas wont it?
...so i was wondering if it could be rerouted somewhere besides the canister of course...

gas smell for track car okay but not for the daily....thanks

i saw the emissions thread but didnt want to thread jack plus its a little diff..:rolleyes:

nope that is directly related to the shit that i am deleting aswell. so hopefully someone will say something about this. I was planning on taking the charcol filter and sticking it right in the back by the gas tank to stop the gas smell... there is some gap up above the subframe to do it and i think thats what i am going to do. maybe someone else has some better ideas.

when people remove EGR from there cars, you'll have to get a vented cap for your gastank.

that would be if you get rid of this charcol filter and plug that line up, but if you move it somewhere else then why would you need a vented cap?

i mean the canister does breath atomspherically so i assume that it can be done this way. that and thats the only line that is run from the gas tank to the front for some kinda vent so if i can move the charcol just right in front of the tank above the subframe then it should be good there. or get another car or motor cycles one that might be smaller and put it there too.

what do you people think help us!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom