changed the gasket car wont run

mca00176

i have a ka24de i blew my gasket few weeks ago so i bought a cremetic head gasket also apr studs i installd everything back to normal again , i set everything back to top dead center i spined the crank to see if the cams spins right and they are everything is spining properly but when i try to crank the car it wont crank i go a new battery and a new starter when i turn the key nothing wont hppen checked all the fuses and they are good i tried to push the car with my freind to turn it on but nothing happens dead , but if u hold the key to turn it on it attempt to crank but it wont kno iam out of ideas can any body give me some ideas wat i can do to get it fixed

if you said you installed the comestic gasket propertly ( remember the surface has to be really really clean, since its metal and metal, not a regular gasket and metal which you could slip just a bit in cleaning it ...

but if you said you set the motor to TDC, hopefully the main chain didn't skip a teeth, because if thats the case then you have to take the whole front end off and do the whole motor, all i have to say for that is good luck, good huricane project :) kill time during the daytime and then the COLD shower :)

but if you are positive that no teeth skipped, sounds like your distributor wasn't installed propertly, one teeth off will cause that problem, lets hope its this problem

Barney_240 said:
if you said you installed the comestic gasket propertly ( remember the surface has to be really really clean, since its metal and metal, not a regular gasket and metal which you could slip just a bit in cleaning it ...

but if you said you set the motor to TDC, hopefully the main chain didn't skip a teeth, because if thats the case then you have to take the whole front end off and do the whole motor, all i have to say for that is good luck, good huricane project :) kill time during the daytime and then the COLD shower :)

but if you are positive that no teeth skipped, sounds like your distributor wasn't installed propertly, one teeth off will cause that problem, lets hope its this problem

what he said ^ +

How did you blow the head gasket on your engine? overheated? If so the head would definitly need to be resurfaced, if i were to install a metal head gasket I would have the block decked as well to ensure the best fit possible. You can just resurface the head and use composite head gasket as a reinstall fix.

wait U? u said u changed battery and starter whats going on it wont turn over or it wont start??? Did u check for compression fuel spark?? after you establish this then mov on to timing witch yeah is probably the distributor(hopefully for u)

240SicknessX said:
what he said ^ +

How did you blow the head gasket on your engine? overheated? If so the head would definitly need to be resurfaced, if i were to install a metal head gasket I would have the block decked as well to ensure the best fit possible. You can just resurface the head and use composite head gasket as a reinstall fix.

Most of the time that's true, but my car had a blown headgasket but didn't let it get very hot after that first time and when i changed my head gasket and checked the warp of the head, it was within factory specs.

its ws not turning over it ws becuase of the main grounding wire to the motor from the body ws not in i put it in the car cranks checked compression and its at 40 psi very very very low so wat i need is to take the head to be resurface ,, i blew the gasket becuase i ws runing to lean but i didnt see the car over heat so supposly im asuming tht the car ws runing to lean when i blew i jst head installed a fuel regulator but i didnt tune the car nd i pushed it any body knows where i can get the head resuraced or buy a new one im new in florida im located in hollywood let me kno thnx

i know a place in miami but i gotta see how much it costs do i'll let u know after the huricane unless u wanna buy mine witch was already resurfaced and hot tanked clean :bigthumbu i really dont need it anymore considering i need to get a new motor or a good Bottom end

seems like somebody took the cheap route in being turbo ...

trust me man, being turbocharged = money .. gas alone is a problem, it isnt' cheap anymore

plus things breaking ... trust me ... made 475rwhp, 524rwhp .. and shit breaks man ...

IMO if a head gasket is blown and the engine is running for any period of time the compression is escaping it is eroding away at the aluminum. I have not had the chance to blow mine up yet but i know that aluminum melts around 1400 degrees. I wouldnt take the chance of trying to reassemble with out resurfacing the head.

I do not know of anyone who has blown a head gasket because of detonation on a stock engine. Usually you crack a ring land or melt the piston. Was this engine taken apart recently before this happened? if so i hope you didnt reuse the factory head studs.

resurface your head if you took it apart for a headgasket job, nissan tells you NOT to reuse your factory head studs more then once.

nah i head brand new arp studs its coast me like arround 150 for the arp stud kit , but kno i need to resurface my head when i took the head again i saw my last 2 pistons head like a alittle tiny chip on the side because off the valve kno i bend 2 valves i really need a cylinder head asap my bottom end is fullybuilt should i need new pistons not sure PLATANODRIFTER HOW MUCH UR ASKING FOR UR CYLINDER HEAD I MIGHT BUY IT OFF U LET ME KNO OR PM ME ANDY BUY THE WAY I FOUND OUT Y THE CAR WAS NOT CRANKING BECUASE OF THE MAIN GROUNDING FROM THE BODY TO THE MOTOR BUT IT CRANKS WONT TURN ON BECUASE I F#@$% THE HEAD

Back
Top Bottom