Car Wont START please HELP

Ok so here is the story...I bought a 98' Kouki about a month ago and cannot get it to run.

The car was originally an auto and when i got it the person had already "swapped it over"...basically the brake has been cut, clutch assembly installed, tranny all the goods.

I had issues with the harness that it came with for the lower tranny because it was all hacked up so i bought one from a 98' manual kouki.

WELL!!! now i just spent 5 hours staring at it and its pissing me off!!!!

Basically i connected the lower tranny harness, and the rest of the harness but some of the plugs are not there to plug into and when i connected the battery it seemed like it was all going to work until I turned the ignition over and it did not do anything when i went to turn it on....

I put a BRAND NEW batter that works for sure and also checked the starter and everything seems to be getting power....

PLEASE HELP I AM SO TICKED OFF AT THIS...

turned from a simple thing to....this sucks...

if its not turning over your starter a. isnt getting power, b. is bad..
check grounds, connections, maybe have your starter checked at advance or autozone or somewhere..

wow...thanks for the responses guys...

i dont think its the starter i jumped it last night and it was getting power...i have a feeling its something with the wires as well...

in that last picture for teh neutral safety switch...do i just cut the wires and connect them together...

also when i was looking at the car this morning the previous owner had the clutch interlock switch inside where the clutch is supposed to click it when you depress it but there is no plug connected to it...i can only assume it because the auto obviously wont have that plug...so is that what the neutral safety switch over rides

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom