Car won't Start.... Any help appreciated..

FlyinFINN

Fox! Do a barrel roll!
Driver
I had the sunroof out because I took out the motor and everything to save weight, I was going to weld in the panel later that day and be done with it. Well After I was done taking the sunroof out I was feeling a little hungry so I took a ride to Taco Bell to pick up some grub. On the way there it POURED like CRAZY! And since I had no sunroof, it went all inside my bmw. I got food and sped back to the shop. On the way back the car shut off and wouldnt turn back on. We towed it to the shop and it turned on but then shut off 10seconds later and wouldnt start again after that.

Some info you should know:
Starter kicks over, it is not a Starter problem.
Fuel pump wasnt turning on.
My interior is stripped and water went over all my wires inside.

Alright well since fuel pump wasnt turning on, I changed the pump thinking the pump was at fault (i run it on empty ALOT so I thought I finally fucked it) Well I replaced it, still its not turning on.

Today, I put a test light to the fuel pump wires and it didnt light up, so Im not getting power to there. and I directly hooked to pump to my 12v battery and it pumped right up, so pump works. I might add, the starter sounds different today, it wasnt the nice bipbipbipbip whenyou turn the key it was like bipBIIIPbipbipbipBBIIIPbipbip

Ok, SO I find the ground to the pump and It was corroded from water so I grounded it somewhere else, still wouldnt start the pump.

I followed the fuel pump power wirre to the relay and chanegd the relay and fuse and all. Still, pump wont turn on.

So, I got pissed and just hardwired the pump to the battery (pump in tank) and turned pump on and tried to start car... car wont start.

So, I almost out of ideas. If ANYONE has ANY ideas please let me know here because I HATE electronics and this is annoying. THANK YOU!

how do u know ur pump isnt turning on? maybe injectors might be screwy?? have u tried using starter fluid just to be sure sure it might not be something else?

prolly not too helpful but just some suggestions..good luck

I know the pump isnt turning on because I took it out (still hooked up) and tried to start car. It didnt whine or pump at all. But when I hook pump to battery, it worked. But no matter, I have it hard wired to the battery right now as I said before. I just cant figure out what else. Thanks! Your the only one out of the 20 so far that view'd to give any ideas. :bigthumbu

ok so im assuming since uve got it hardwired, it works now? have u checked your plugs to see if they have fuel on them/tried starter fluid?

im just suggesting starter fluid because its the easiest way to rule out fuel from the equation

kakapoopie said:
ok so im assuming since uve got it hardwired, it works now? have u checked your plugs to see if they have fuel on them/tried starter fluid?

im just suggesting starter fluid because its the easiest way to rule out fuel from the equation

Fuel pump has worked since I hardwired it straight to the battery. Fuel is not a issue anymore.

pull out a plug and see if they are covered in gas or carbon or something, and do u get any spark?

FlyinFINN said:
Fuel pump has worked since I hardwired it straight to the battery. Fuel is not a issue anymore.

How do you know? Did you test your injectors?

^^^ I already said I changed the relay's. Im not getting spark either. Im Guessings its the DME (ecu). Supposidly water can get to them from inside the car somehow (the ecu is under the hood).

auroras13 said:
the ecu is actually a tipical bmw problem

I havent heard that ever. I had tons of water in my car. I have to find a place to check if my dme is good or not.

Back
Top Bottom