car turns off when it comes to a stop...

Bryan

(OIO/ - RPS13 - \OIO)
Driver
alright this is kind of weird and has happened to me more than once already. for example, ill be approaching a stop light/sign and i tend to throw the car in neutral and just let it roll there. as i tap the brakes the idle starts to go below 1000rpm and then just keeps decreasing from there, and once it reaches below 500rpm, the car just turns off. this also happens to me during turns (sometimes) and the power steering stops working and my music stops playing. i almost hit someone while turning into my job one time cuz the wheel locked in place. anyone have a clue as to what this could be caused by?:confused:

btw car is a mostly stock 92 s13

could be a vacume leak, the engine engine turns off and stops the power steering fluid preasure from your rack, locking up the steering wheel... check for vacume leaks, using starting fluids etc...

kinks in the hoses by throttle body or your brake booster hose is cracked/holes in it

+1 my brake boster hose was damn near in half and it kept dying out then i finaly found the leak. cheack it that hose goes bad easy

+1 my brake boster hose was damn near in half and it kept dying out then i finaly found the leak. cheack it that hose goes bad easy

x2. since that hose chills above your exhaust manifold, it likes to get nice and crispy after a while. Very easy to get cracks in.

ive been told it might be the brake booster hoses as well. ill make sure to look into that this weekend. thanx guys:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom