car stalled on me today..

portion

ok guys. I have an s13 with ka24de..
i was driving on an off ramp to the 826 when suddenly my engine loses power and boggs then stalls off. i pulled to the side.

Yesterday i did a compression test on my car... pulled the plugs.. set wires aside by exhaust and did the compression test..( off course unplugged the fuel pump fuse.. and started before)..
put the plugs back in.. and drove to school today...
then later on the above happened.

When i did pull to the side .. i tried starting it again.. it starts but very roughly like its running on 3 cylinders maybe then shuts back off.
not it wont start.. just cranks..

Can this be distributor problem??
help would be appreciated thanks

ok.. upon further researching..
i think i did the compression test wrong in the first place..
i didnt step on the gas pedal when doin it firstly..
second i didnt unplug the middle wire from distributor..
may have shorted it..

anyone can confirm this can happen and be the problem?

Last edited:
maybe you should tell what car/engine your having this problem with.

as far as my ideas....im not sure since ive never run into a problem like this. what did your plugs look like when you pulled them?

when you do a compression test. Motor has to reach operating temp. Than you pull all the spark plugs out, insert compression tester. Push gas pedal all the way Wide Open Throttle, while cranking for about 5seconds or until gauge stops going up.

Repeat on all cylinders.

i did that.. but i read on the fsm where it says unplug middle plug from distributor.. which i did not..
soo i think thats the reason...

anyone selling one?? i already posted for one on the WTB section..
BTW.. anyone knows how to test my distributor and ignitor..
to be sure?

cheak your injectors thats wut it sounds like to me turn the car on and unplug each cyilender one buy one by the injectors if you unplug one and the enjine sounds the same as befor you unplugged it found the cilender thats messing up then cheak if you have spark and make shoure you have current going to the plug

Back
Top Bottom