Car not moving New Clutch installed please hlp????

Ok i got a 93 coupe i installed a new clutch on and pressure plate. I also replaced the Throwout bearing i put it as far down as it can. Is is suppose to be flush with the top? If not then i put the metal clips back on put it all back together went to move it and does nothing. The slave cylinder i can see is moving the fork the pedals kinda weak tho but still comes all the way up but no like a spring. Car just revs and doesn't move in any gear. Any ideas? Could the tranny be possibly be died? not making any noises sounds like im in neutral even tho im in gear and trying to move the car.

Bleed the slave and see if it does anything. All else fails, take it out and check for clearance and other issues. Was it brand new or used clutch? Was it clean of all grease? Do you smell clutch when you have it in gear trying to move it? First bleed the slave and let us know.

Well, I found this out after the 100000 clutch jobs and tranny pulls i've done, learned after the first time I fucked it up. If everything doesn't fit just right you will regret it. if the slave hadn't been bled do that, as well as adjusting the clutch pedal. But if thats not the case its back to the drawing boards. pull the tranny and have someone you know help you with the assembly. I tried to rush a job once and got frustrated puttin stuff on etc, and had a similar problem. Still If something isn't going in like it should then you need to address that. clutches are a bitch if they arn't done right, everything must go together like it wants too.

how do i adjust the pedal? i bleed the slave like 30 times might be the pedal then. ya everything facing the right way but now the drive shaft ain't moving any ideas? maybe bad tranny? no grinds or noise coming from the tranny.

ok under your dash where the master comes threw there is a little pin that goes on the pedal. crack the nut loose(12mm) and get some plyers and spin the shaft. spin it so that the rod or pole spins in and then tighten the 12.

That happend to a sr20 i did a clucth on it was that we put the wrong throw out bearing on. you could have put it on the wrong way.

ya i am i hate it on the ground with a jack sucks balls but hey gotta do it to sell the car what you goin to do right? got a flywheel laying around i think that might be a problem.

Why do you think the flywheel would be the problem? if your gears are going in the the clucth should be engaging. is it the same tranny that you have always had? or did you change it.

same thing happened to me.. but my car moved but had major slippage (sr20)... i adjusted the pushrod on the clutch master cylinder and all was well

was always the same tranny but any gears does nothing i didn't replace the flywheel or resurface it so maybe that's why it aint engaging. Maybe. How did u do the pushrod?

madcowCONV said:
I hate to say this but i think your going to need to take the tranny off to see if you put somthing in wrong.

this is what its starting to sound like.

and how the fuck dose a flywheel not work properly short of the teeth getting fucked up by the starter?

Back
Top Bottom