Cant decide on swap !! help lol

i had a rb20 and it was a total bitch to find anything for example when my alternator went out... took me about a week to fix i couldnt find another rb alternator so i had to fabricate a custom bracket for a ka one.

no hands down that the ls1 is a better motor. parts are way cheaper and easier to find than the rb parts and with simple mods the ls1 could make great power. of course its a lil more expensive swap but in the end it will pay for itself.

no hands down that the ls1 is a better motor. parts are way cheaper and easier to find than the rb parts and with simple mods the ls1 could make great power. of course its a lil more expensive swap but in the end it will pay for itself.

isnt the ls1 lighter than the rb as well?

LS1 is lighter, more powerful, parts are MUCH cheaper, more reliable, parts are available at any auto parts store. Check out Hinson Super Cars.

LS1 is lighter, more powerful, parts are MUCH cheaper, more reliable, parts are available at any auto parts store. Check out Hinson Super Cars.

Agreed. If you want to be "JDM tyte" go with the RB... I say do the LS1, you never know when something as stupid as a water pump or alternator is going to keep you car out of commission for a week or 2... Reliability > JDM tyte... IMO

ls1 are dope ls1 romps the rb hands down in power, response, weight, reliability, and parts availalability, if u got the funds go for the ls1 without thinking twice!!!!

It all comes down on how much money you have. LS1 Swap kit without a motor is 4-5k. RB Swap kit with the motor is 4k. But this all goes by if you get discounts/free stuff and who you go with to get the parts. I would agree with the its easier to get parts with the LS1 if the RB motors just started comming to the U.S. a month ago, but those motors have been here along time you can get parts from Nissan, and some stuff works from a 300zx. And people sell shit for a RB left and right on here and or zilvia.

It depends what you like. I say LS1.

Dangle showed me this. Here is everything you need for the LSX swap.
http://www.silviav8forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=723

Last edited:
im probably gonna go with the ls1 even tho if i dropp the rb it wudnt matter if to me if parts took long it aint my daily but the ls1 sounds real good so far ... would my cluster work at all????

pipe dream???haha the pipe in yur ass maybe and if i posted it is cuz its getting done

12 posts.. recently joined..

no pics of ur car...

sorry i just dont believe every douchebag that posts saying OMG LS1 or RB i has tons of money...

its just the same shit from new ppl thinkin its that easy..

if u do.. good for u

12 posts.. recently joined..

no pics of ur car...

sorry i just dont believe every douchebag that posts saying OMG LS1 or RB i has tons of money...

its just the same shit from new ppl thinkin its that easy..

if u do.. good for u

so wut u feel like a big boy cuz yur a forum whore

im probably gonna go with the ls1 even tho if i dropp the rb it wudnt matter if to me if parts took long it aint my daily but the ls1 sounds real good so far ... would my cluster work at all????

I forgot the name of it to make it work but they sell it. module.

Back
Top Bottom