can i make my bov quieter?

RECIRCULATE IT! IT IS BETTER FOR YOUR MOTOR ANYWAY!
Everytime you "BLOW OFF" your ECU compensates the "EXTRA" air going into you motor and DUMPS MORE FUEL! Since your "BLOWING OFF" into the atmosphere the air DOES NOT go back into the motor. Causing your motor(unless tuned other wise) to WASH the cylinder walls with FUEL. WHAT HARM CAN THAT DO? you may ask. A HOLE **** LOAD! GASOLINE IS AN EXCELENT CLEANER AND WILL BREAK DOWN THE THIN LAYER OF OIL THAT COATS YOUR CYLINDER WALL. CAUSING your motor to eat itself away from the rings eatting at the cylinder wall.

if i were to recerculate it since you say its better for the engine that way..would i just make a pipe that goes from the bov to ...where?

yea I know the cheap way to do it also...

go to walmart
pick up a duck call and ducktape
apply duckcall to bov with ducktape
and bang you no longer have a blowoff but a duckcall!

a recirculated bov is still auditable if its loud to begin with. Is there an adjustment screw on the top of the bov which would increase the spring tension on the diagram? tighten it up so it blows off less. *note* any bov flange that i weld for anyone, i normally go for a ride in the car for the hell of it and then adjust the bov w\ or for the person. get it tight enough where its going to surge, then back it off a little so the compressor dosent emmit a noticable surge.

Mine dosent vent unless i make more then 3lbs of boost.

is your rb a series 1 or series 2?

on the 370cc injectors not a whole lot of fuel is dumped in the cylinders to call it washing them. washing is <9.7 afr ( unreadable by wbo2). Yes you will get some more fuel injected into the cylinders and getting back into power will be slugish and suck. This whole thing about dumping fuel into the cylinders has more of an effect on a mafs only based system(ka-t). Dosent the rb have a map and a mafs? if so then the extra unnessacary fuel issues on lift isnt as an issue. but yeh if you can recirculate your bov the car will run cleaner.

**on larger injectors the atmopshericly vented bov will put your afrs below what the wbo2 will read (~9.7:1) and is not good.

i change my oil every 1200-1500 miles and always before and after an event. ;)

it's an rb out of an r33 (97?) with a blitz bov, it does have a map from i can see however...i might get a different bov and make some piping to recirculate the air ...

ive ran way rich for over a year now boosting 18lbs 16lbs almost evry other weeknd..stilll runs..and my bov goes n the atmosphere

and rick i hardly change my oil.......lol just kiddin

stlthftr1 said:
it's an rb out of an r33 (97?) with a blitz bov, it does have a map from i can see however...i might get a different bov and make some piping to recirculate the air ...

0O0O cool just wondering. :)

Back
Top Bottom