Camber?

Eddy

Driver
i have just finished installing my coilovers. itll be dd and occasionally slide in some events and other perfectly curved roads.

How much camber should i set it to??

for wheel fitness and so when i do slide, i have the proper camber i guess. im a noob at this so answers would help me understand :bigthumbu

if your gonna daily drive it, dont put any camber in it to save your tires. Do you have adjustable arms in the rear? What about in the front?

Camber really does not wear your tires all that fast compared to improper toe.

The amount of camber you want depends way more on your setup and how you drive than just some magic number that someone on this forum can give you.

Camber really does not wear your tires all that fast compared to improper toe.

The amount of camber you want depends way more on your setup and how you drive than just some magic number that someone on this forum can give you.

Wow, someone else actually understands that toe > camber for wear.

X10 ^ I daily with 4 degrees of camber, as long as my toe is straight, my tires last. @op I would set your camber to as close to zero as you can get without your wheels rubbing. If you get too much understeer, add a little neg camber in the front, but not more than three degrees. zero camber in the rear is pretty standard for drifting.

Depends on the tire pressure, compound of the tire, sidewall stiffness, and how tall the tire is (profile), and suspension stiffness.

if your gonna daily drive it, dont put any camber in it to save your tires. Do you have adjustable arms in the rear? What about in the front?

i have all sock arms, just entery coilovers with camberplate and whatnot. im aligning my wheels today to fix the toe and the uneven camber i have. i wanted to have some camber in the front at least so i have more grip when i do slide

You wont have much adjustment on the rear with stock arms, Basically try to have as little negative camber as possible with your wheels not rubbing.

You should have an adjustment at the knuckle, the top coilover bolt hole should be slotted to allow adjusting the wheel away from the coilover.

there are 2 bolts that attach the coil/suspension upright to the actual wheel knuckle. if you loosen them both a little, and pull the suspension out there is a little bit of play in the bolt hole there, allowing for some very slight, but uncontrolled amount of camber play.

if you are looking to get actual coilovers, i think ill be selling mine soon. so keep an eye out, they will be pretty nicely priced..

240sxaftercoilovers.jpg

how my car sits now

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

i have two 3mm spacers on the front and it still rubs, gonna try what boxmod said

Back
Top Bottom