Cage Question

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
Driver
So I have a Hypathetical situation.
Imagine I was going to build another drift car.
If I didn't want to spend the money on having a full cage installed...If I just wanted something like this...
6pointMainHoop.jpg

Would this pass tech for tandem? I have ZERO DESIRE to drive Pro-AM or xdc events, I'm just talking fuck around events like cfrc, desoto, pbir, sebring, etc. I know it'll pass for countyline lol.

I'm pretty sure even bolt-in cages will pass you.

Edit: Just show them your dick bro. Show it.

Yupp, all you need is door bars to tandem at events like these as far as I know..

Yea, thats what I thought.
I'm fairly confident Desoto won't have problem with it. But the others, just wanna make sure before I do something like that...IF I am doing anything at all.

I'm pretty sure even bolt-in cages will pass you.

Edit: Just show them your dick bro. Show it.

people like my Kak!

that is pretty good design for a partial cage. im not sure if cfrc is ok without a halo or not. ask them via FB?

cfrc just needs door bars and a main hoop as far as I know. If I ever built a play around car, it wouldnt have a full cage. hitting your head on the cage hurts sooooooooo bad with a helmet on.

Yea, my buddy Kris got a concussion even while wearing his harness sitting in a bucket in his street car. And if u notice Bill Sherman, or Leigh Roto or anyone with a fully caged mk3, w/ a targa top u have to make the bars sit weird in order to access the targa mounting points...and Being as tall as I am, I would much rather not do so if I decide on building another supra.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

please pay ZERO attention to ANYTHING on the interior of my buddies car besides the door bars lol.
IMG_1040.jpg

Yea, my buddy Kris got a concussion even while wearing his harness sitting in a bucket in his street car. And if u notice Bill Sherman, or Leigh Roto or anyone with a fully caged mk3, w/ a targa top u have to make the bars sit weird in order to access the targa mounting points...and Being as tall as I am, I would much rather not do so if I decide on building another supra.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

please pay ZERO attention to ANYTHING on the interior of my buddies car besides the door bars lol.
IMG_1040.jpg

yeah so wtf is up with that clutch pedal?
jw... :p

funny story actually...back when he was NA, he was clutch kicking the shit out of it...and literally, clutch kicked the pedal right off lol.

Bill, I was fine with the autopower...I just dont wanna street it, with a stock passenger seat and have wifey bang her head u know?

cfrc just needs door bars and a main hoop as far as I know. If I ever built a play around car, it wouldnt have a full cage. hitting your head on the cage hurts sooooooooo bad with a helmet on.

Yep.

The only thing missing from a full FD legal cage would be the cross bar at the vertex, you can run them in two pieces as long as the harness bar stays in one piece, legal door bars, and a halo, as long as you run with a legal diameter of tubing, and don't have any sketchy welding, then your all good.

Thanks steveO!

Who runs Sebring? Wanna make sure its gravy with them too.

From what I'm being told PBIR won't accept this cage, but meh...PBIR wants race suits for tandem anyways, so no loss there.

This is gonna be AWESOME! IF I decide to build another racecar =)

Back
Top Bottom