Burning Clutch???

Okami

Hashashiyyin
Driver
Car's been acting funny since i picked it back up from aero K, it's got this wierd smell of clutch when im coming to a stop, or just when im not in gear, it's been going for 4 day's now, clutch still engages like it always did, and there is no sign of wear, but something just doesn't feel right, i smell "burning clutch" and tranny fluid non-stop. Anyone know what this could be?

body work...absolutely nothing mechanical, and i kno they did not drive your car so dont try to put this on Aero K

ONE80ESSEX said:
body work...absolutely nothing mechanical, and i kno they did not drive your car so dont try to put this on Aero K

body work is not mechanical??? :eek: , and honestly i dont care if they drove my car, im just trying to describe the scenario here, either way its not a big deal.

Last edited:
Actually no it's not mechanical that would be something like suspension, drivetrain, brakes. Anyways check for leaks, how often do you clutch kick? LOL that definitely kills clutches over time. And just in case are you sure it's not from the brakes because they smell the same when they are warped, and the brake fluid and clutch fluid is same ****. Good luck.

Its too hard to say withough smelling what you're smelling. It might not be the clutch at all. Why was it in the body shop? Maybe something got spilled on the engine, manifold, or exhaust.

i would definitly go with wat nelvis said brake pads and clutch sometimes do smell the same,

but worse case senario ur tranny is leaking alittle into the clutch area. clutch burns off fluid, and slips just alittle cause its wet. Now check ur brakes!

Back
Top Bottom