Brakes

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Driver
Really? Wow. I found it surprising theres not a "Brakes" subdevision in the Tech Section but ok. I know alot of people just upgrade their brakes and get off the stock S13 cable actuated hand brake. But for the ones that havent, what pads are you using? I used to lock up the brakes easily befor changing a locked caliper and changing pads. I've heard of the Project Mu D1 pads but are thre othet pads that have good bite in order to lock up the tires?

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

I recently replaced my handbrake cables and the rear still won't lock up.. i might try pmu pads and see.. does the front cable stretch as well?
I want my ebrake to work Damn it

my drilled rotors made a huge difference almost refused to lock before that put cheap drilled and slotted rotors and locked great even with shitty pepboys pads

Stock brakes. Spend money on going fast. Stopping is for pussies.

I use power too.. Not that the KA has much but still... Its nice to have options. Not just relly in the power.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Hawk pads son. Fuck all that jdm pad nonsense.

For real? speaking from experince?

Last edited:
My hawk pads were decent. Definitely worked but I think the project mu pads are going to be better

I dont remember what pads I got from autozone but these things suck! My previouse ones where great! Id hand brake slide the car to face the house infront of mine and back up into my usual spot at home. Now NOTHING. :( hand brake u turns and just casual hooning on the steets. Id like that again but dont want to spend the money on Project Mu's if there are more cost effective means of getting it done.

For real? speaking from experince?

He is the biggest fan boy in this world. He reads a lot on forums so I actually might believe him . Not because he has used them in experience but because he researches the shit out of everything and will find the answer online

Back
Top Bottom