brakes

okay about 2 weeks ago i was driving and one of my rear pads fell out. for the past 2 weeks iv been driving it with one 1 pad and filling up my brake fluid everyday from it leaking. well yesterday i put new pads in and when i went to test drive it it still felt the same (the brake pedal going to the floor and only braking a little bit) and now my e-brake doesnt work either. :confused:

If you were only running on one brake pad chances are it was the inside pad that fell out.... maybe from not installing the metal retainer peice in properly. What could be happening is the piston would rub against the rotor and eventually into the fluid cavity. Please take your car to a mechanic and have them inspect it for anything else that could have gone wrong. You will have to replace the caliper, maybe the rotor and get new pads.

What provoked you to drive with only one pad?

Messing with your brakes is no joke, please take your car to a mechanic and have them fix all the problems that you have with your brakes.

ya it was the inside that fell out, but i put new ones in? i just dont wana get ripped off by some mechanic if i can do it myself, you know?

Dood if you decided to drive with only one brake pad then I would not let you work on your brakes. Its for your own saftey. What happens if you are on 826 or a local highway and someone slams on the brakes hard infront of you while you are following 30ft behind them? Yea, crunch. Dont skimp on things that are vital, and you are not getting ripped off from a mechanic. You are paying for their knowledge that you do not have, its not just putting in the brake pads, its installing them correctly and overlooking everything on the system to ensure that its in good woring order.

Pay the mechanic.

i slammed on my breaks once and cracked the pad in half. had to continue driving home (slow) but after i got home i realized that it messed up the caliper too.

hey if this is the car i might buy then deff take this to estie to get that crap fixed if you dont ill just have to let it sit around untill i can fix it myself but for a serious problem like that im gona drop my price towards you

calipers

hey if the pad fell out and the piston pushed out u might have had to push it w the rubber seal so i would do a 4 wheel bleedin then if it persists I would change that caliper

Back
Top Bottom