Brake lights wont turn off??

Bryan

(OIO/ - RPS13 - \OIO)
Driver
Kind of a weird problem that i just noticed recently. the tail lights wont turn off, almost as if someone is stepping on the brakes. I was told to look under where the brake pedal is but there is a crap load of parts there so idk wth im looking for, and its very uncomfortable to even get under there. Does anyone know what this could be? fuses maybe? but they look ok to me. any help would be appreciated. I have type X lights btw if that matters. thanx again

thers a sensor thing that you loosen a little nut and it will spin freely. thats usually what causes this. you gotta turn the sensor more in(tighten) then tighten the bolt down. it should be good then.

there is a clip behind the brake pedal that either broke or fell off. had the same problem just crawl up underneath the dash and peek behind the pedal..

well i noticed on the floor of my side that some rubber peice broke off. like 6 or 7 pieces of what ever that was. What would i do now?

the grommet. bend backwards under dash and follow brake pedal up to a switch. push pedal really hard and far as it can go and insert a short bolt that could fit in there but not fall out.

a plastic push pin werks great
we charge like 80 buks at my yob to do this..lol

find something to replace it or else your battery is gonna die
i just have the brake lights disconnected for now=/
the grommet. bend backwards under dash and follow brake pedal up to a switch. push pedal really hard and far as it can go and insert a short bolt that could fit in there but not fall out.

dude honestly, i cant see a damn thing under the dashboard. I wouldnt kno what your talking about

go to Nissan and buy that rubber stopper it is super cheap then stick your head under the dash and with a flash light shine up there and push on the brake pedal you should see the sensor and a hole in the pedal where the peice clips in now that you found it somehow put your hand up there and snap it in the hole
take the piece with you the parts guy will know what it is as soon as you show it to him this is a common problem

i found the place where the rubber piece is supposed to go. but there just isnt enough room to even tighten the bolt or hold the break pedal back. I was thinking about doing the penny thing someone mentioned but ill need the hands of a toddler to get it even close to where it needs to be

this actually happened to my s14 three to four weeks ago. all of a sudden, my brake lights stayed on and i was like wtf.

found some old broken rubber pieces on the floor and wondered wtf that was.

little did some research and saw i needed to replace the rubber stopper for my brake pedal.

got the pieces new from nissan dealership for $2-3 a piece. bought two(just incase) and replaced both while i under there.

took me 5 mins to install, all i did was push the brake pedal all the way back, put the rubber stopper over the hole and used the brake pedal to push it in.. thats it

(46584-S14002) thats the part number

try using a pair of long handled needle nose pliers to hold the peice up there than snap it in using the brake pedal as mentioned above

sorry but if you cant put a rubber grommet on your car then your in the wrong sport bro

Back
Top Bottom