BOVs: recirculating v/s atmospheric venting

im dealing with it for now, but eventually, and especially when i have a nicer turbo, id rather have a working BOV that eliminates compressor surge

and mike, where you at?

I meant to respond the other day... but I got busy puttin in work on the hatch :)

I also meant to check my vac/boost sources to get you something to compare to ur setup - ill check it out tomorrow

What I meant by installing it on the hotside was just that its tried and true - works everytime but then again so does the cold side from what I read but I have no exp with that setup so idk...

I meant to respond the other day... but I got busy puttin in work on the hatch :)

I also meant to check my vac/boost sources to get you something to compare to ur setup - ill check it out tomorrow

What I meant by installing it on the hotside was just that its tried and true - works everytime but then again so does the cold side from what I read but I have no exp with that setup so idk...

true, hatches are the shizz :cool:

thatd be sick if you could let me know, im wondering if its just something that simple

and yeah, usually i see em on the hot side, but i dont wanna buy the whole setup and still have it not work. like for example, benarovi has his HKS on the hot side, and it surges just as much as mine

I have the greddy intake mani so im not sure if that changes much but ive got most of my junk with its own vac source (no T fittings) and after the throttle body - Gotta confirm the bov line tho

Ill post tonight after work

sounds good

i pulled the vacuum line off the bov today and stuck it to my finger, it definatley is sucking air

what other factors are there? shitty waste gate maybe?

This is like a n00b question lol.. but ...

If you have a maf then recirculate plain and simple..your car will def run better.
But if you want the louder noise then vent, but expect the idle and rich problems.

If your car doesn't have a maf then you just vent because... its just common sense...? No reason to recirculate
:D

Back
Top Bottom