Bolt-on turbo kit????

anyone know where i can get a decent bolt-on turbo kit for my Stang? its an 02 GT. ive tried to look online but im useless at searching things online.. And i can get it done for like $6k but i want it cheaper than that.. any suggestions?

my friend was gonna boost his 02 gt not to long ago some shop was gonna charge him about 4k for eveything,so then he was looking into getting an ebay kit for 1,500 an later on getting a name brand turbo an wg.

but i think the problem with the turbo kits for that year mustang which make everything a pain in the ass is that the k member has to be switched out to fit the piping.

i know supercharged is better and its cheaper, but i dont really want alot of power. ive got the power already and its not like you can use it in florida cause there is a cop around every corner, but i want the turbo because i love the sound of when the boost kicks in and also BOV. so thats why i want it.. someone was telling me about a "new" turbo system where they put put the actual turbo behind the real axle.. anyone knows how that works and the pro's and cons about it? thanks guys.

I personally don't like rear mount turbo setups. Seems too easy to steal and create more lag. But is good if you have no room in your engine bay.

Go with a sc. some sc systems utilize a bov. Also usually turbo setups are for more power than sc.

I was gonna tell you through pm that a SC would be your best bet here. pm me for info.

squirres turbo system
remote_turbo.jpg

mustang%20twins.jpg

link remote-turbo-system-for-mustangs

yeah i would go supercharger, like i said with a turbo kit for that year you need an after market tubular k-member. usually ppl that have the kit for that year, the k member will be included but the whole kit will cost u about 4k.

go procharger! an add a bov.

an by the way u said u dont want much power but usually u make more power with the turbo kit then supercharger.

i know cuz i done alot of reasearch for my friends stang, go to turbomustangs.com they have good info there

think im gonna do the sc, unless anyone can get me a tc kit for $2K. my cars pushing between 310 and 330 hp now so i dont need anymore... i just want the sound.

think im gonna do the sc, unless anyone can get me a tc kit for $2K. my cars pushing between 310 and 330 hp now so i dont need anymore... i just want the sound.
dude your really not making any sense...you dont want any more power but want a turbo...last time i checked a turbo is a power adder...people with your mentality dont need to touch their cars...its apparent you are not mechanically inclined.

Back
Top Bottom