bmw drifters, input

bimmer drivers/drifters, how do you like drifting your bmw's? how do they hold up? ect?

any advice, kind of in the market. i love E30's and such just looking for input and whatnot. certain yr/make/model to stay away from?

i've slid all S chassis's and just looking for input. i've worked on them before but want a SFL point of view.

and, go.

I hated my e30, great torque and it drove nice but i hated how it would slide like i guess it was the terrible short wheel base IMO.. 90-91 had a 5 " longer wheel base. which would probably have felt better for me. but there it is my opinion on drifting my previous e30 ..

Last edited:
I've only driven one e30 (Erick's Old panda one) anf i only had 2 runs around moroso's skid pad but i have to say that car felt like a dream.

I have alot more experience with E36's. E30's are a bit cheaper to setup since they have fewer bushings and the chassis is tougher (no rear subframe tearing out issues). My buddy had a Rally beater E30 that we would screw around with in the woods in SC, thing was great fun despite only having 100hp. Lots of steering angle.

I loved the way my e30 slid.. But just kept having issues with the rear ends. I blew up the stock 4.10 LSD in my 318is and blew a 2.93 LSD and last was I believe was a 3.39 welded.... Maybe it was just bad luck but anyways slide awesome even the four banger could keep a good drift going.

i slide astock 87 e30 and i loved it but get the 325 its got alot of torque and its easy to kick out

i had a turbo 325 e30 and i really liked it, but it just wasnt set up the way i wanted it and it wasnt going to be cheap to get it the way i wanted. after having 240's for a while, parts for the e30 were EXPENSIVE up here in chicago

I hated my e30, great torque and it drove nice but i hated how it would slide like i guess it was the terrible short wheel base IMO.. 90-91 had a 5 " longer wheel base. which would probably have felt better for me. but there it is my opinion on drifting my previous e30 ..

Please stop talking. You clearly know NOTHING of e30s, so stop spreading misinformation because you couldn't get something that's not a 240sx sideways.

As for the OP, I don't visit this forum so often. But if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I can help with whatever I can. You can reach me at drift at fullopp dot com.

E30s are great little cars to set up, and most people that I know sliding them are very happy with it. Parts aren't as easily accessible as 240sx's, but if you know where to shop, they can be found reasonably cheap.

^ x2. Only thing that you have to work with on a e30 is the slow steering rack and the rear trailing arm suspension.

Both easy fixes/ upgrades. I for one love my e30 im on my 3rd one at the moment.

Erick ( rwdrift ) and me have been sliding these cars on and off since 2004.

Trust me when I tell you if they are setup right they are a blast to drive.

Piner is also right great angle on these cars.

The e30 can be a very competitive car when it is setup correctly and has some power under the hood.

Last edited:
Please stop talking. You clearly know NOTHING of e30s, so stop spreading misinformation because you couldn't get something that's not a 240sx sideways.

As for the OP, I don't visit this forum so often. But if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I can help with whatever I can. You can reach me at drift at fullopp dot com.

E30s are great little cars to set up, and most people that I know sliding them are very happy with it. Parts aren't as easily accessible as 240sx's, but if you know where to shop, they can be found reasonably cheap.

alright listen up sandal fag... he asked i gave my OPINION i dont like it and i gave reasons why i didnt. Now just because my opinion doesnt fit your Third Reich idealistic mentality because my opinion doesnt suite yours then thats your problem pretty boy.

alright listen up sandal fag... he asked i gave my OPINION i dont like it and i gave reasons why i didnt. Now just because my opinion doesnt fit your Third Reich idealistic mentality because my opinion doesnt suite yours then thats your problem pretty boy.

You did mention wheelbase changes throughout model years which is not opinion based and never actually happened anyway. I'm not sure how you could call it terribly short either - it is 101.2in. You are entitled to your own opinions though just like Erick and everyone else so take your own advice here and deal with it. Also, chill with the name calling.

I love mine!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

ohh yeh and the wheel hub and shock sleeve is one piece so coil are either unlikely or they cost a pair of nuts

Wrong, not true coilovers are not that pricey. Also all e30s have longer wheel base than 240s. I love mine, but they are more challenging than a 240. But if u wanna to take the easy way out go 240 they drift themselves.

I love mine!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Wrong, not true coilovers are not that pricey. Also all e30s have longer wheel base than 240s. I love mine, but they are more challenging than a 240. But if u wanna to take the easy way out go 240 they drift themselves.

Does a stock E30 have a lot of body roll, and does it slide like its top heavy?, I may be looking into getting a beater now 0_0.

^ yes, and to be fair even the best stock examples are going to have suspension that is probably as old as you are

Back
Top Bottom