Blue Smoke - YAY!!!!

Joekuh

Ight, here's the deal. Got a 93 with almost 140K on it. Auto harness + ECU, manual tranny.

1. Once the car warms up, there's almost constant blue smoke coming out the exhaust. I've read through a couple threads on here, and I'm pretty sure its a valve seal failure. I pulled the spark plugs and found the 2 closest to the firewall were oiled. Not completely, but enough that it can be clearly seen. Searching leads me to believe I may need a spark plug gasket job as well. Can anyone recommend a shop that specializes in 240s that I can take the car to so I can get my suspicions confirmed/find out the true cause of the problem?

2. I've got a manual ECU, but the one day I tried it, the car would stall out when I tried to stop after building speed. Can anyone tell me why? This is probably a noob question, but if you have a answer, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The valves themselves or the seals?

PS Still wanna know if there's a shop I should go to in the 954/305 area that deals with 240s a lot...

Sounds like your valve Seals, but it could also be your rings. Have you compression tested it yet or done a leakdown test? That will give you a better idea.

Spark plug seals are cheap and easy. I had oil build up in my spark plugs and the new seals fixed that.

Im having smoking issues too, but its white smoke and from an SR, not a KA. I was thinking it could be valve seals, but the fact that theres a 20 year old turbo on there with possibly dry rotted oil and water seals makes it harder to narrow it down lol

where are you taking the car to get leakdown tested?

White = coolant, correct? I read your "help me" thread to see if I could pick up anything, but didn't see anything. I think I'm gonna go do my spark plug seals today and see if that helps at all...

I'm going to a Mechanic I know off of oakland/31st ave for the compression/leakdown test. He's expensive, but good.

Last edited:
Spark plug seals are cheap and easy. I had oil build up in my spark plugs and the new seals fixed that.

Im having smoking issues too, but its white smoke and from an SR, not a KA. I was thinking it could be valve seals, but the fact that theres a 20 year old turbo on there with possibly dry rotted oil and water seals makes it harder to narrow it down lol

where are you taking the car to get leakdown tested?

stop giving advice based off of your experience. You post more tech. Questions den anyone eles, ao u should be the last one to help. STFU.

The fact aftet the dumbest tech help statement ive read on hear in awhile, you typed lol after it. Shows you lack any and all obility to proper diagnose a car.

Back
Top Bottom