Blown Head Gasket on 1JZGTE replacement ??

jdmlenlen

Germany meets Japan
Driver
Actaully 2 questions.. Blew my head gasket and power steering pump this week.. First question : What thickness metal head gasket should I get???? 1.1mm, 1.5mm, 1.8mm or 2.1mm?? Second whats a power steering pump thats compatible? I'm guessing 1J,2JZGTE and 7MGTE????

Actaully 2 questions.. Blew my head gasket and power steering pump this week.. First question : What thickness metal head gasket should I get???? 1.1mm, 1.5mm, 1.8mm or 2.1mm?? Second whats a power steering pump thats compatible? I'm guessing 1J,2JZGTE and 7MGTE????

Just go to driftmotion.com they have the headgaket.Just get the stock thickness you're be good.
2jzge power steering is the same just swap over the fittings and ur good
Thats what I did and have no problems:bigthumbu

While you have the head out should have it rebuilt that usually goes 150 to 200 bucks that way you will have better compression and less burning oil threw the valve stems. Usually you only increase head gasket thickness if you want to increase your boost.

If you're going to take apart the head, may I recommend you change some of the engine gaskets as well. Especially the hard to reach ones.

1.. I should of listened to Bill on getting an LS1 (but where am going to find a Camaro LS1?)
2.. Should Of listened to Jackson on the Oil cooler for the power steering (second power steering pump in 6 months)
3.. There is no talking sense into to me.. I'm hard headed as fu*k.. haha
4.. Might as well take out the whole motor.. Oil pan is leaking like a mofo.. both rear and front trubo's oil seals are gone, R154 is being homo and a stock 350z whompped on me the other day because my clutch wouldn't catch.... I should get to work...

Lesson I would of could of told you so... :)

Edit:I wouldn't mind a thicker head gasket..

Last edited:
1st never listen to chris jackson lol
2nd 5.3 truck motor swap
3rd pull the motor and make sure you seal the upper oil pan

Last edited:
lenny how did u make that car fail so hard??? lol it was in such good condition when i saw it..

Easy.. use a 15 year old car as a DD.. I easily drive 1k a week on the car... I'm actually somewhat surprised the car has been holding up for so long..

5.3 truck motor swap ehh? (What motor from what truck) I already complain about how much gas my car burns.. But I guess I wouldn't have to use Premium anymore..

1st never listen to chris jackson lol
2nd 5.3 truck motor swap
3rd pull the motor and make sure you seal the upper oil pan

1st. never listen to chris jackson.. hahahahaaaahahaa

Oh.. 1 more thing.. Does anyone know how to do body work? Some jackass hit and ran me when I went to rent a movie at blockbuster about 3 weeks. My frame support needs to be pulled out.. Anyone??

I think I should rename this Thread to Lenny's Fucked up S14... or project S14 FAIL (as what Billfisher calls it)

Last edited:
Easy.. use a 15 year old car as a DD.. I easily drive 1k a week on the car... I'm actually somewhat surprised the car has been holding up for so long..

5.3 truck motor swap ehh? (What motor from what truck) I already complain about how much gas my car burns.. But I guess I wouldn't have to use Premium anymore..

1st. never listen to chris jackson.. hahahahaaaahahaa

Oh.. 1 more thing.. Does anyone know how to do body work? Some jackass hit and ran me when I went to rent a movie at blockbuster about 3 weeks. My frame support needs to be pulled out.. Anyone??

I think I should rename this Thread to Lenny's Fucked up S14... hahaha And leave room for future s14 fuck ups...

The more i hear about the car the more sad it makes me :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom