Blake Fuller First In Nopi Drift!

SeanDean said:
in the end I think the only driver who might have not got all he deserved was Chelsea, considering he got the wall hard and kept drifting, AND nailing all the clipping points, with a broken wheel and and the tire ripping off.

you always gotta whine about something

hitting wall - 0
hitting cone - 0

chealsea hitting wall - still a 0

<3

mikespeed95 said:
you always gotta whine about something

hitting wall - 0
hitting cone - 0

chealsea hitting wall - still a 0

<3

And you always gotta start shit.

HITTING the wall versus tapping it, is always going to be an argument, but I would agree that Chelsea HIT the wall. Regardless, because he never lost drift while doing so, and continued to drift the course is why I think that it could have gone either way. When they announced Dado as the winner, I understood why, I wasn't whining about anything. So stop trying to make something where there is nothing.

That said, with these concrete courses, if the wall is the edge of the course; a situation such as Chelseas or Harris would have just been a tire drop on a real track, it wouldn't be an actual off.

Either way though course was UNNECESSARILY DANGEROUS to drivers, media, and not least, spectators.

Anyway, congrats to Blake for taking a huge lead in the NOPI points standings!

Last edited:
SeanDean said:
Either way though course was UNNECESSARILY DANGEROUS to drivers, media, and not least, spectators.

!

Wow you noticed that too. we were joking all day about that yesterday. they wanted accidents...like an oval or like Nascar in general. i like the fact that drivers needed cages yet it was 100 times more dangerous to be a spectator. I like that Harri always does me proud with the slow slightly angled burnouts against the wall right in front of the spectators.

the reason why dado won, is because chelsea straitened up after hitting the wall. I reviewed with him the video of the run and he agreed.

SeanDean said:

+3

It got to a point later in the day when the carnage was just too much. Like watching the passion of Christ continuously...just no blood :ugh: ...or crucifixion :ugh: ...or Romans :ugh: ...you get my drift though!

They should have filled the cones at the clipping points with lamp oil and had lit wick's coming out the top. That way, if a cone got hit there would have been clouds of flaming lamp oil drenching the crowd and the cars. Then it would have been REALLY, REALLY UNNECESSARILY DANGEROUS. And awesome. 8)

I agree about the track. It was set-up for carnage, Nascar style. There was such a small room for error, you had to be ON THE WALL to even have a good run. I agree that the skill level of the drivers there was up to the challenge but everyone makes mistakes and even the slightest mistakes were severly punished. That being said...

Props to Blake, Chelsea, Rob, Harri, and a few others. I was very impressed with the overall performance :bigthumbu .

Tonymac said:
They should have filled the cones at the clipping points with lamp oil and had lit wick's coming out the top. That way, if a cone got hit there would have been clouds of flaming lamp oil drenching the crowd and the cars. Then it would have been REALLY, REALLY UNNECESSARILY DANGEROUS. And awesome. 8)

funny u mention the cones, they said they are thinking of filling them with concrete so people dont hit them... i think people will still hit them (like me lol) and just break shit... i think we talked them out of it but they seemed serious.

and sean, for god sakes man, mike isnt against chelsea and i agree dado should have won. just becasue chelsea hit the wall and kept driving doesnt mean he should win... yes it was really badass, but cmon, he nailed the wall.

and as far as blake having to correct cuz front driver is 'too slow'.... if the car in front of you is lower hp(not this case but same idea of slower car in front), u better be able to adjust... and maybe blake over shot the entry trying to catch up and had to brake... i dont recall, ill watch it later but seriously... i think blake was not cheated.

Tonymac said:

That just made me literally laugh out loud while reading it.......

Back
Top Bottom