Bill Sherman.

someone in drivers meeting next WALL needs to ask "If a driver goes on out on bank on 2nd sweep... is it a offcourse 0?"

but lately, off course has only meant large deduction, not 0s. I remember wondering when did FD lowered the standard?

i wondered this too after watching this season. i remember when if you dropped a single tire it was an instant zero. i think its cuz they rather have the drivers pushing speed higher and higher than making better lines.

Racecars aren't supposed to bounce up and down...I'm shocked to hear Bill loves that effect lol.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Bill LOVES soft coilovers. And the car had no sway bars. It wouldn't look so shitty if it had sway bars. But regardless, Bill loved the ride of the ISIS coilovers.

There is a difference between soft and under dampered. When the car bounces up and down and refuses to settle, it has poor damping. Sway bars would have helped for sure.

^^ see now, i was told to get rid of my rear sway to get more grip... but if its gonna make it sloshy, i dont want that. front i dont have cuz clearance with LS1 oilpan....

i understand what they do, im just not sure id like without it since ive always had it there.

Last edited:
Eliminating a sway bar is essentially the same as reducing your spring rate. If that's beneficial to you, by all means...

i remember my first event bill and blake fuller were giving clinics... i actually got to compete with bills little bro... dude has skills

Why, if you don't mind?

Long story short.... Plowed curb. Replaced parts. Sway bar was kinda bent(st sway bar.) didn't put it back on cause I wanted to go to the drag strip with all my bros and I didn't need it. Never put one back on. Idk. Feels ok to me.

Racecars aren't supposed to bounce up and down...I'm shocked to hear Bill loves that effect lol.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

There is a difference between soft and under dampered. When the car bounces up and down and refuses to settle, it has poor damping. Sway bars would have helped for sure.

6k/4k spring rates without re-valving. Plus the added weight from the cage and LS1 swap stuff didn't help. It is what it is. Everyone has their own style. I personally don't like my coilovers that soft, but on my NA KA s13 I had ISIS coilovers, I left the dampening at full stiff and I didn't have an issue with them while sliding. But yea, Bill didn't once complain about the suspension, he liked it a bunch. Maybe it just looks worse than it is in vids? Lol.

I ain't runnin no sway bars. Haven't run a rear in like 2-3years. Just recently took the front off to make room for more steering angle. No rear sway helps with grip.

Holy crap at 6/4 spring rates. That's awesome.

i removed rear sway like 2 years ago noticed a large difference in rear grip also got some body roll as a biproduct, but still prefer no rear sway bar.

Doug Van Debrink doesnt run swaybars either. His reasoning is if you run high enough spring rates you no longer need a swaybar

Doug Van Debrink doesnt run swaybars either. His reasoning is if you run high enough spring rates you no longer need a swaybar

Yes this makes sense.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I ain't runnin no sway bars. Haven't run a rear in like 2-3years. Just recently took the front off to make room for more steering angle. No rear sway helps with grip.

How do you figure?

Bill too.

I really want to understand this notion.

yea maybe with 9k/7k i should take the rear off.... front like i said doesnt clear right now anyways so its off.

Back
Top Bottom