biggest Issue with Newb Drifters.

Am I the only one who thinks you guys are simply pouncing on him because he is a newb? Besides the complaining about track time (30-60 seconds in a run is the norm most every event you go to) most of his post was the truth.

I mean he didn't say FL needed to have ebisu to have good drivers he just said that if FL did it would be amazing. I can't believe you guys would disagree that having more venues would be a good thing for the florida scene.

I mean if any of the other people that have been around for a while had posted the same thing no one would have cared. But because hes a newb Josh goes and makes a separate thread just to flame him. C'mon I don't even know this kid and I feel sorry for him.

the point is: if you are so afraid of what other people say or think about you- then man up or quit. Skid pad is the best thing for noobs.

the point is: if you are so afraid of what other people say or think about you- then man up or quit. Skid pad is the best thing for noobs.

yep yep. defintely havef too many n00bs worried that they are 'going to look dumb' if they drive at an event. be smart and ask for advice so you have something besides dumb luck trying to learn.

Just gonna put this here:
LOLzzz

Last edited by a moderator:
The first post was not a call out directed at just one person. But a common issue of beginner drivers. It has nothing to do with Florida Either. I've helped people on the Thunderhill skippad also with the same problem. There is too many people trying to skip knowing understeer and oversteer control and go straight into Drifting. Why skip the basics when it will only make the learning of drifting that much more difficult.

nah dude! Im sure I have video of you at the first WPB Moroso event failing it up on the skid pad like 3 years ago! :laugh:

haha yeah I was having a really hard time that day on the skidpad, but that video is from the first event I ever drove. I was definitely nervous before I got there, but then I watched other people drive and realized almost everyone out there was a beginner. So then I just had an awesome time spinning out.

edit: Find that video, I wanna see it!

haha yeah I was having a really hard time that day on the skidpad, but that video is from the first event I ever drove. I was definitely nervous before I got there, but then I watched other people drive and realized almost everyone out there was a beginner. So then I just had an awesome time spinning out.

edit: Find that video, I wanna see it!

dude, thats crazy that this got brought up. in my original post I almost used that skidpad event and you and Dan as an example. You guys had stock fc angle were basically having a spin contest. It was the first event I ever saw either of you drive.

Fast forward (insert amount of events here) to today, you guys are legitimately killing it, and not on skid pads, on a serous level.

everyone has to start somewhere.

Piner - I agree with you, if anything the new guy is going to be less likely to show up to an event after everyone locally has put him through the ringer, all because he is not allowed to say something online due to a recent join date?

dude, thats crazy that this got brought up. in my original post I almost used that skidpad event and you and Dan as an example. You guys had stock fc angle were basically having a spin contest. It was the first event I ever saw either of you drive.

Fast forward (insert amount of events here) to today, you guys are legitimately killing it, and not on skid pads, on a serous level.

haha that's awesome, and exactly what I was saying. If you wanna progress, go to as many events as you can.

I remember when I knew a member on this forum I think his name was Pole-Position.. you should ask him how he got that name

Am I the only one who thinks you guys are simply pouncing on him because he is a newb? Besides the complaining about track time (30-60 seconds in a run is the norm most every event you go to) most of his post was the truth.

I mean he didn't say FL needed to have ebisu to have good drivers he just said that if FL did it would be amazing. I can't believe you guys would disagree that having more venues would be a good thing for the florida scene.

I mean if any of the other people that have been around for a while had posted the same thing no one would have cared. But because hes a newb Josh goes and makes a separate thread just to flame him. C'mon I don't even know this kid and I feel sorry for him.

Glad someone took the time to read and process the words before replying. Yeah you got it right, I'd love to get more seat time but like I said in my post, work-study doesn't allow me to go to the skidpad since I work 99% of the times there's an event. The last time I had a free day I was on my way with my tires loaded in the trunk when it started raining and it got cancelled.
It doesn't stop me from going out to empty warehouses and practicing as much as I can, but everytime I do I think to myself "damn, i'd love to be able to slide and not be nervous about the cops showing up". And like I said for the bazillionth time, "it aint, so you just make do with what you have"
Basically I made a post saying "im a newb, I like drifting, I just wish it was easier to practice on a track" and used ebisu as an example because they not only have tracks dedicated to beginners but offer instruction as well and are open almost year round, and half the site yelled crucify him :rolleyes:

I don't know why people started mentioning me wanting SR swaps, wanting to drift ebisu before I learned the skidpad, and other incoherent shit lol.

Piner - I agree with you, if anything the new guy is going to be less likely to show up to an event after everyone locally has put him through the ringer, all because he is not allowed to say something online due to a recent join date?

No worries, this is sfldrifters after all. I take the positive criticism from people who have good stuff to say (for example box mod has given me lots of amazing info in another of my posts) and the rest of them, well it would take a lot more than online shit talking to make me go cry and stop liking drifting. I'm still waiting to hit the skidpad because I know its the only thing we have in south florida, and when I get the chance I'll be out there having fun and learning.

Last edited:
you guys whining about being laughed at dont know what your talking about, my first event in 2 years was D1gp miami ( before that i drove 3 events in three years), i spun out every run almost, i scored almost last place. You want to talk about being laughed at... i went out there and did my best and came home happy.

In less than a years time i went from spinning out every run to doing demos at fara and improving greatly, but then again, i wiped my ass with all the shit talkers , listened to the pros and look where im at. also, from april of last year till now, i only missed 3 skidpads, and i went to every single other one, and drove every big event there was.

Quit crying, let the haters hate, and stop worrying about what other people think.

you guys whining about being laughed at dont know what your talking about, my first event in 2 years was D1gp miami ( before that i drove 3 events in three years), i spun out every run almost, i scored almost last place. You want to talk about being laughed at... i went out there and did my best and came home happy.

In less than a years time i went from spinning out every run to doing demos at fara and improving greatly, but then again, i wiped my ass with all the shit talkers , listened to the pros and look where im at. also, from april of last year till now, i only missed 3 skidpads, and i went to every single other one, and drove every big event there was.

Quit crying, let the haters hate, and stop worrying about what other people think.

jerry your my rollmodel i want to be justlike you from here to a year:bigthumbu

jerry your my rollmodel i want to be justlike you from here to a year:bigthumbu

You need a car with power and suspension.........and then do lots of events if you want to be like Jerry. OH and don't forget baller ass wheels with lots of tire.

Grand Turismo 3 son.
fora 3 son

GOLD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom