Best Bang for Your Buck Coilovers???

my megan tracks arent too bad i they go pretty low and slide pretty good i bought mine brand new for a good price and ihave had mine for about 7 months now andits been riding pretty nice. but i wouldnt mine some better coils.

anything with a lifetime replacement warranty and, or even inexpensive damper replacement. either way try one or all of them out, and do the R&D on it

nobody seemed to mention D2, they are pretty much the same level as megan. I believe they are $900 new, i got mine used for $500. They have taken a beating (ate a curb) up front, and the rear threads where the tube slides into the base are seized so there is no pre load and just adjusted by the collar. So they arent in the best condition, but i have to say im happy with them for what they are

its stiff enough where its pretty easy to slide on (dampening adjustment makes a big difference). Body roll is pretty minimal with the dampening on the firmer side. Handling wise it gets a little bit of body roll when the dampening is on the softer side (where i daily it at, and usually slide at too), but you do want SOME roll for traction (even drifting, in my opninion). The ride is somewhat stiff but its not that bad unless the roads are shitty, considering the condition of the coils. Definitely tolerable

Would i get them again? For the same price, if i was on a budget, yes.
Brand new? No, i would spend the extra $100 and get BC or PBM, or spend the extra $2/300 and get stance.

I would say for the price of NEW coilovers, its best so save for another week/month and get ones in the $1000 - $1200 range. But if you can find megans, d2s, or even isis etc used at a good price like $300 - $600, go for it. Its not like you cant change them and sell them later down the road and upgrade to nicer coilovers. And you will experience the difference first hand when you make the switch

Bananas

I've been using Megan Street coilovers for over 2 years on 2 different 240s and haven't had any problems with them. Ride depending on settings isn't bad for daily or track. I haven't used any other brand coilovers on my 240s so I can't compare to other brands. I'd say they are worth it though.

I've been using Megan Street coilovers for over 2 years on 2 different 240s and haven't had any problems with them. Ride depending on settings isn't bad for daily or track. I haven't used any other brand coilovers on my 240s so I can't compare to other brands. I'd say they are worth it though.

I have D2's on my daily and Godspeeds (came on my other car). The main difference d2 vs godspeed i noticed is that the Godspeeds are extremely boucy. Not too sure on what the spring rates are but real bouncy. My D2's are great Ive had them for about 3-4 years with absolutely no problems whatsoever. They are pretty stiff and ride kind of hard but they are coilovers and my car is slammed.

Has anyone heard of function and form type 2? ive had em on my s13 for about 8 months so far. got them new for 700 bucks and havnt had a problem. feels amazing drifting and not too stiff for dailying. driven to gainsville and tampa from hialeah and back with no complains. and they can go looow

Has anyone heard of function and form type 2? ive had em on my s13 for about 8 months so far. got them new for 700 bucks and havnt had a problem. feels amazing drifting and not too stiff for dailying. driven to gainsville and tampa from hialeah and back with no complains. and they can go looow

i had a friend who had them on his s13 hatch. they rode fine and you were able to adjust damper and camber easily, much like the megans. the only downfall was that they didnt go as low as the megans (went lower than tein basics though) or provide much negative camber.

i agree with them not having the ability to have as much camber as megans. i think they go low enough

Yeah I got a set of F&F2 and they are not bad (But i never had an other coils so....yeah) and ive had them for 8 months also for the same steal price :cool:

everytime i see someone talking good about any cheap coils it always seems to be followed by but i have never had anything else. my first coils were megan and loved them but after having ones that are a little nicer i realize how bad the megans were. my opinion is if you are going cheap buy cheap coils used and get them under 600 if you are even getting near the thousand dollar mark wait and get better ones. you should never spend full price on d2, megan, isis, or any of those type they just arent worth the new price

everytime i see someone talking good about any cheap coils it always seems to be followed by but i have never had anything else. my first coils were megan and loved them but after having ones that are a little nicer i realize how bad the megans were. my opinion is if you are going cheap buy cheap coils used and get them under 600 if you are even getting near the thousand dollar mark wait and get better ones. you should never spend full price on d2, megan, isis, or any of those type they just arent worth the new price

Yea the idea of the whole thread was to give reviews of cheaper coils, not opinions as should what I want to buy. I already know what coils im chasing and they are any of the listed. The idea of the thread was to get opinions from people that have drove on different setups

I would honestly like to get a set of bc's with some koni or swift springs

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Or even kw

Back
Top Bottom