Best Bang for Your Buck Coilovers???

Elliot G

Spectator
Over times we have been led to believe that any coilover over $1100 is going to be a quality product. This may be true but not everyone can afford those costly setups and go after cheaper coils like Megan. Whilst Megan Racing has seem to be the choice for a low cost and decent perfoming coilover, it led me to think, what other low cost coilovers and actually worth taking a look at?

Just to name a few, to give an idea

ISIS BASIC TYPE HR
BC BR
MEGAN STREET/TRACK
GODSPEED
APEXi N1 EXV
TEIN BASIC
KSPORT

Many coilover companies have "lower end" cheaper models. but the ksports i have on my car are retail $1100 which is price now, its was much higher years ago when i got them.

Many coilover companies have "lower end" cheaper models. but the ksports i have on my car are retail $1100 which is price now, its was much higher years ago when i got them.

alot of people say they are crap, thats why i listed them in there. just wanted to see opinions from people who actually used them.

Don't waste your money.

02d4ae93.jpg

The best bang.

this is all my opinion not fact

i would go bc personally out of the ones listed then ksport.

godspeeds were awful (didnt actually dive just a passenger so take my opinion for what it for what it is)

megans i have owned track and streets thought they were great until i drove something better now would want them on my car for any reason

isis are better than megan and godspeed imo but still not really worth it unless you get a good deal on them

tien basics are just way too soft to drift unless you have lots of power and thick sway bars

apexi n1s dont have much experience with.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

i would go stance over all of these though

alot of people say they are crap, thats why i listed them in there. just wanted to see opinions from people who actually used them.

so you listed "crap" for best "bang for your buck"? im confused on your intent now. lol. anyways, 3 years old and i dont feel anything is wrong with any of the 4 corners.

Ive been daily driving/drifting on Tein Basics for the past 3+ years. Feel good to me, I can slide on them no problem and they arent wayyy too stiff for daily driving. Although, I must say I dont like not being able to adjust my dampening. But Im putting money away for some new coils, prob going to go with something better Tein or Stance.

so you listed "crap" for best "bang for your buck"? im confused on your intent now. lol. anyways, 3 years old and i dont feel anything is wrong with any of the 4 corners.

People say they are crap but dont really hear of much people using them. I had them on my old s13. I bought them used and they blew a few months after so i really never got a good idea of how they performed. The list is an example.

i had tein basics and they blew horse shaft. they were too soft, couldnt adjust front camber, and no dampening adjustments were possible, and they didnt even go that low, not to mention they started squeaking after only 1 year. Ive had megans for the past 3 years now and have yet to encounter a problem. stance is good too but you have to adjust the dampening by the bottom i think

i had tein basics and they blew horse shaft. they were too soft, couldnt adjust front camber, and no dampening adjustments were possible, and they didnt even go that low, not to mention they started squeaking after only 1 year. Ive had megans for the past 3 years now and have yet to encounter a problem. stance is good too but you have to adjust the dampening by the bottom i think

^Oh yea, they would suck alot more without camber plates, I wouldnt even of touched them without plates, luckily I bought mine with them. I would agree they dont go as low as other coils, but they go low for what they are. But Ive had 0 issues with them so far...

Tein basics are the biggest joke since Mitt Romney's campaign.

^Tein is a well known company name tho and Ive barely heard any problems from people that have had them. On the other side Ive heard about quite a few of Megan Coils breaking from normal competition drifting.

Tein>Megan IMO... But in the end its all up to your own opinion and how much you have to spend...

I have apexi ws, i know that's not the model you're talking about but, i bought used, unknown miles, and have dailied them for more than 40k miles myself, plenty of spirited driving and really low, with no issues.

Daily'd and Track'd my ISIS's for a little over 2 years and never have had issues with them so in my opinion... best bang for your buck :)

I know, totally biased. I've never had any other ones but mine...

I liked K sports on my 300zx. They were just a bit too stiff. Currently have isis on my s13... the previous owner got the coils used for $300. So far I actually like them a lot. Ride good, slides pretty decent, not very stiff. Only complaint... they don't go very low.

I've had my BC Racing BR type coilovers on the skyline for exactly a year now and so far I have loved them. They ride really awesome on and off the track and they go pretty low.

Their customer service is on point as well. Helped me out by shipping me a brand new lower mount for free after I had crashed and broke the one I had on.

Back
Top Bottom