benefits of running 2stroke oil in 13b?

Elliot G

Spectator
so what are the benefits of running an external tank with 2stroke oil hooked up to the omp on an s5 rx7

External tank?
I thought they just put it in the gas. Pretty sure it's to help lube up all the seals and shit.

If your OMP (oil metering pump) takes a shit, and you run your car, you won't have any oil lubricating the rotors. People use 2-stroke oil in the gas because if it does take a shit, they still have oil going into the motor. IIRC it has to be TWC 3 meaning it has to burn ashless.

Just pour it in the gas.

The reason for running an external tank with 2 stroke oil, is because from the factory the omp injects regular motor oil, so it should work a little better if you use 2 stroke oil, which is made to mix with fuel, get burned, etc. The tank idea seems like a waste though. Just pour it in the gas, and leave the stock omp too.

If you have an s5, it's a good idea to add a little 2 stroke oil to the gas anyway, because the electronic omps inject very little oil to keep emissions down.

Also, you will know when your omp goes bad. Car goes into limp mode, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

LOL at dudes with na/kas talking about rotaries "blowing up".

Just pour it in the gas.

The reason for running an external tank with 2 stroke oil, is because from the factory the omp injects regular motor oil, so it should work a little better if you use 2 stroke oil, which is made to mix with fuel, get burned, etc. The tank idea seems like a waste though. Just pour it in the gas, and leave the stock omp too.

If you have an s5, it's a good idea to add a little 2 stroke oil to the gas anyway, because the electronic omps inject very little oil to keep emissions down.

Also, you will know when your omp goes bad. Car goes into limp mode, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

LOL at dudes with na/kas talking about rotaries "blowing up".

well i dont have it yet, but i might be getting a sweet deal on one. what ratio would you recommend for everyday driving with occasional abuse?

fc3sbmx is rotary truth only listen to his opinion prolly most knowledgeable about them on this forum

most people just use 1 ounce to a gallon

it basically lubes the engine, which increases engine life. if you wanted, you could even block of the OMP and just run premix. just make sure you dont forget! oh and just keep a shot glass in your car, and use it to measure premix

I like how the guys that posted don't own a rotary motor and if they did they didn't know what they were doing.

Yes I just used the word they back to back.

Back
Top Bottom