Badgerwerks Coilovers

They look like BC/Megan shit thats out there copying the Apex'i coils... Decent entry level coilover, but dont expect TOO much for sub 1k...

YucA said:
They look like BC/Megan shit thats out there copying the Apex'i coils... Decent entry level coilover, but dont expect TOO much for sub 1k...
you're only saying that cuz you got powered by max, matter fact how are those working out

not sure but might be the exact same coils Rob Fleming runs on the former 240TA trans am front end conversion 240... I'll guinea pig a set of these for ya... they seem great. Also I think Andy with the green silva also from XAT rocks these.

I heard they're nice, and I guess you can call and get them set up however you want.

YucA said:

this guy is a D1 pro driver, i will tell you something dude, i had megans for 3 years now, i have been to pretty much all the events down, i have been street sliding, and i must say i cant complain... I spoke to mike (mranlet) he said these are solid coilovers...

DUDOCIUS said:
this guy is a D1 pro driver, i will tell you something dude, i had megans for 3 years now, i have been to pretty much all the events down, i have been street sliding, and i must say i cant complain... I spoke to mike (mranlet) he said these are solid coilovers...
same thing everyone else is saying, megan came in the game for cheapwads like me, i thnk i might cop some megans for real, what you are runnin DUDOCIUS the tracks or the streets.

if not i might go for these badgerwerks

suankee i put this on here for you cuz i saw a myculture sticker in their gallery.

The Badgers are impressive for a sub $1k coilover for sure.

The damping is very well matched, which is imperative for eliminating bouncyness and jerkyness. They seem to do best when the shock is slightly preloaded (about .5") and have been tested not only on a shock dyno but also on Sebring's suspension-murdering pavement. Among the coilover-using employees at XAT, I'm the only one who hasn't gotten a set yet, and that's only because I'm still trying to get my money's worth out my Megan Tracks before buying a set.

I think it goes without saying that these will not be in the same league as Aragosta, Ohlins, or Bilstein coilovers, but they are also not engineered to do so.

I can supply dyno graphs if anyone is interested (or they may be already uploaded to the website).

8kg/6kg are the basic spring rates and handle exceptionally well, but other rates can be procured if desired.

Ricky Cash said:

you're only saying that cuz you got powered by max, matter fact how are those working out

While those powered by max coils look beefy and enticing, i dont own them. Im rocking megan streets. Im not bashing on Megans, just stating the fact - they're entry level coilovers, just like many others out there including the badgerwerks. They get the job done, and quite efficiently imo.

I dont have too many complaints about the Megans, other than the fact that "32 way" dampening is a joke. You could easily cut that down to "8way" or 4 clicks at a time, and you slightly feel the dampening difference. You do feel it, but its not as noticable as higher end coils... Im personally rocking them on full stiff up front and 4clicks down from that in the rear...

With anyone on a tight budget (how i was when i scored the megans) - you simply cant beat the performance you get out of these "budget" coils, regardless of which brand you end up with. Powered by Max, Badgerwerks, Megans.... its all good, imo. Just do research on each and see what suits you...

Completely off topic, but has anyone tried the Powered by Max suspension arms? Im thinking of picking up some pieces as they look beefy and getting some decent feedback...

PBM is made by drifters specifically for the intended purpose of drifting, so the shock is 'beefier' and the dampening is set accordingly even their adjustable rods is stronger and less costly than other big names. so i figure you should purchase a set of coilovers specifically intended for the purpose that you wish to use them for, autoX-->, drag-->, drifting-->, etc., but again though, megans are good for budget coilovers, so purchase what your pockets can afford.

Back
Top Bottom