back end problem

secrets2k

^^FISHTAILER
Driver
So I just put wheels on my car and actually got to drive it around, problem is I can't go over like 10mph before the back end starts to go crazy and sway back and forth and gets almost uncontrollable, what could be causing this, only time I felt this in another s13 was when it had 2 different size tires in the rear.

I have :
Apexi coils 12k springs
Godspeed rear sway bar
Toe arms
Control arms
welded diff

My alignment isn't the greatest but never had a problem with my other wheels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

How are the hubs?... And don't take this wrong but are the wheels tight... Me and a friend had a problem on a sc300 where we would do a quick pull and it would sway. It has a warped hub and bad bearing.

How are the hubs?... And don't take this wrong but are the wheels tight... Me and a friend had a problem on a sc300 where we would do a quick pull and it would sway. It has a warped hub and bad bearing.

yes wheels are tight, hubs dont seem bad and wheel bearings are good. my toe is just eye balled but didnt do this with my other wheels, my subframe bushings arent the greatest but would that cause such a big effect?

go under there and start shaking stuff to see if anything is loose. I would get an alignment thou, if the problem is still there atleast you could rule that out which plays a big role. Also are these wheels balanced cause my car did the EXACT same thing(driving down flager the car would sway to one side almost like if i was gonna switch lanes) with unbalanced wheels and once I switched to balanced wheels it was like a night and day difference.

ive heard of bad subframe bushings cuase the rear to kinda sway wen u give it gas and let off, is that ur issue?

It's your toe bro. You probably messed with your camber making your tow get all silly. And wow I won a shit ton of awards :writes acceptance speech:

It's your toe bro. You probably messed with your camber making your tow get all silly. And wow I won a shit ton of awards :writes acceptance speech:

Toe and chamber was the same before when I had my reps and still did it tried to mess with it and still does it, and no its not only when I give it gas and let off, just going over 10mph the backend just like dogwalks and won't stay straight

That's pretty weird. I would check your axles maybe one might be broken. An maybe if u have a welded diff mayb the diff broke idk jut throughing out suggestions.

alignment and balance wheels, if that doesnt fix it it is something in your rear suspension.i have the feeling it is your rear toe, camber or .. can rear wheels pull???

That's pretty weird. I would check your axles maybe one might be broken. An maybe if u have a welded diff mayb the diff broke idk jut throughing out suggestions.

Diff is solid both tires spin check that, one of my wheels is slightly bent but nothing bad car that had the wheels before drove straight so I know the wheel isn't bad, iam gunna go get a alignment to see if it helps at all just Idk how it changed so much just by switching wheels.

what size are the tires/rims and how much pressure is in each wheel/thread is left on them.

That wouldn't have much to do. I mean he can be down to wire and that wouldn't make you dog walk. Maybe subframe bushings took a shit.

im gonna go with your subframe bushings... it did this in my red hatch a long time ago. just push your rear end side to side like a mad man and listen for clunking ot any odd movements.

Subframe bushing and bad wheel bearings will def cause the same sympotms

If that's the case how didn't it feel like this with other wheels? Iam just gunna do bushings, new hubs with bearings and get a alignment and see how it is after. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom