Autopower cage? other makes?

secrets2k

^^FISHTAILER
Driver
so i was looking into the autopower cage due to its price and the fact that it comes with door bar and harness bar, i have heard alot of bad things about them. first off how the fit like crap around the pillars and also that that halo sits low and people hit there heads on them. i wanted a bolt in for just easier install and easy to take out, but alot of people have been ragging on bolt ins. are there any other bolt in cages that are good? or is weld in just the way to go?

what do u guys think of the autopower cage?

Weld in cages are really the way to go. If you have someone build one for you then they can make sure it's properly positioned for seat and head clearance. Remember that not everyone is the same height so the cage is BEST built around the helmeted driver and their seat.
500x_mcrash02.jpg

That lucky guy there used a bolt in cage, he wasn't hurt but obviously the car is toast.

What sort of racing are you looking to do? Are you trying to race in a particular series or work you way up to a certain level? The age old saying of do it right the first time comes to mind if you're hoping to race on higher competitive levels as the years go by.
Doug

What are the requirements for the group you're looking to race with? Are you looking to drift more than just local events? i.e. FD Pro-Am or anything?

Weld in cages are really the way to go. If you have someone build one for you then they can make sure it's properly positioned for seat and head clearance. Remember that not everyone is the same height so the cage is BEST built around the helmeted driver and their seat.
http://cache-07.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/10/500x_mcrash02.jpg

That lucky guy there used a bolt in cage, he wasn't hurt but obviously the car is toast.

What sort of racing are you looking to do? Are you trying to race in a particular series or work you way up to a certain level? The age old saying of do it right the first time comes to mind if you're hoping to race on higher competitive levels as the years go by.
Doug

it was also a 4 point bolt in.

bihoku_180sx_flip_crash_008.jpg

Cusco cage.

My buddy Scott had a bolt in, in his s14, and in his e36 he has now.
They realllly dont fit that bad. Id trust it.

oh, but on the real, if you ever want to drive something like serious where a certain cage is required, just get it. But also know its gonna be expensive. VERY expensive. If you just wanna like have a cage to tandem at bro events, get a auto power bolt in.

word.

Last edited:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU my evil twin must has made an account from a parallel universe and post helpful information.

DAMN HIM!

AWW, did jerry get to you? lol

jk dood, keep this version of you around though

AWW, did jerry get to you? lol

jk dood, keep this version of you around though

the funny part is, like 80% of the time, I produce good informative post, its just the ones that are really awesome get out becuase they're in threads that are like, real dumb that everyone reads.

the funny part is, like 80% of the time, I produce good informative post, its just the ones that are really awesome get out becuase they're in threads that are like, real dumb that everyone reads.

werd

Cusco FTW but its isnt certified by shit. I good choice would be Autopower.

Don't mean to thread jack but how much is to to do a full certified cage for D1/FD/ or SCCA I know the FD required a 21 point roll cage so what would be the price on that?

fd cage on a deal is 1300-1500 (bro deal) retail for 2200-2700. Jerm feel free to check out my autopower if you want. I like it but it doesnt pass fd or fd pro-am which sucks. Buy a used autopower for 500 and be done for a while.

It realy sucks i have to do a real cage soon but i realy dont wanna spend the money. DCW FTW

A 21 point cage for fd is a flase statement.
It must have a main hoop, with a harness bar, and one diaganol(high side being on the drivers side,) A halo, two a pillar bars, Double door bars(either an x or NASCAR style, and I think it needs to be on driver anddd pass side. ) there are certain angles and tubing sizes and spacing on bars, but that's like a basic construction.

Oh, and real deal up to spec weld in cages are highhhh dolllaaarrrrr.

Last edited:
fd cage on a deal is 1300-1500 (bro deal) retail for 2200-2700. Jerm feel free to check out my autopower if you want. I like it but it doesnt pass fd or fd pro-am which sucks. Buy a used autopower for 500 and be done for a while.

It realy sucks i have to do a real cage soon but i realy dont wanna spend the money. DCW FTW

do u hit ur head on the halo? u are a tall motherfucker lol so if u dont to much i wont

A 21 point cage for fd is a flase statement.
It must have a main hoop, with a harness bar, and one diaganol(high side being on the drivers side,) A halo, two a pillar bars, Double door bars(either an x or NASCAR style, and I think it needs to be on driver anddd pass side. ) there are certain angles and tubing sizes and spacing on bars, but that's like a basic construction.

Oh, and real deal up to spec weld in cages are highhhh dolllaaarrrrr.

What's the price on it? Or did Bill get it right?

Back
Top Bottom