auto to 5 sp conv.

Well s14s arent common in junkyards so your luck of finding one there wont be too good.

What you should do is scavenge all 240sx forums for a totalled s14 or someone that's parting one out with a manual tranny. You can then ask for all the components that you need for the 5spd conversion.

Every car's auto -> 5spd swap has it's own personal small details, like BMWs have to trick the ECU that the car is always on "Park" and whatnot. If there's any for the s14, you should ask your fellow Nissan friends if there's anything to that. I'm sure someone here knows.

I personally turned my car in to Ter-Tech for the swap. I cannot afford to not have a car and for me to pull off such a swap I'd probably waste a good week or two on it. It is time consuming, especially if it's your first time. I would look into saving up some extra bucks, because in the long run... you can make that money up in the time you would waste not having a car by working ( I make $500 bi-weekly... the cost of the labor for the swap )... and you would have your car ready in a few days, not weeks.

Beyond that, it's a long and costful process ( if you want it done right ). So good luck with it.

you know the s13 and s14 dohc trannies and engines are the same except obd1 and obd2 and that doesnt make a difference for goign 5sp... just find some s13 dohc 5sp parts, maybe we'll make a tutorial on how to do it cuz 240SicknessX is taking my 5sp from my white car and putting it on his auto s14... stay tunedddddddddddd, well it'll be a while cuz i haven't even moved my white car around yet but you can still use s13 parts with s14 motor

Just finished a 5spd swap on my friend's car; bypassed all wiring except the speedo sensor...

-Jin

Back
Top Bottom