Are Art Colleges worth the $$$?

yea.."art school" is kind of a ripoff. But it does put you in an environment where students are pretty motivated because they have pressure to pay off those loans haha. Have you costed out/called some of the art schools yet? My animation buddy whos in the same situation as you was saying CCA is supposed to be pretty good.

yea.."art school" is kind of a ripoff. But it does put you in an environment where students are pretty motivated because they have pressure to pay off those loans haha. Have you costed out/called some of the art schools yet? My animation buddy whos in the same situation as you was saying CCA is supposed to be pretty good.

Yeaa I was supposed to start fullsail this month. I've toured fullsail and ft lauderdale art institute. Both cost the same, and fullsail campus is incredible, so that would be my first choice if I were to go to a school like that

For art, either goto California or get out of the country, if you want the best schools.

I was an art major for a while at UF. I know they have a good art program but I don't think they have video game stuff. I would search large colleges and maybe even major in something similar to the video game stuff, but different. That way you can get a reputable degree and once you have that, just go take a few classes somewhere for video game stuff.

Or, see if you can contact an actual company with video game designers and see if you can actually talk or email with one of those people. They may be able to give you good advice on what you should do and tell you what they did.

I was an art major for a while at UF. I know they have a good art program but I don't think they have video game stuff. I would search large colleges and maybe even major in something similar to the video game stuff, but different. That way you can get a reputable degree and once you have that, just go take a few classes somewhere for video game stuff.

Or, see if you can contact an actual company with video game designers and see if you can actually talk or email with one of those people. They may be able to give you good advice on what you should do and tell you what they did.

yea i think my best bet is contacting a company. i was in the BFA in computer animation at FAU, but they dropped the major this year =/ so i got fucked. so now im in the BA in film and new media studies which has some animation, but not enough

Ringling is right near where I live. Don't know what exactly they offer. I know they do animation though. I have a few friends that went there.

Back
Top Bottom