anyone know about this new law

SAS

Driver
anyone else hear anything about this new law that went into effect today that if you get busted doing 15MPH over the speed limit they impound your car and fine you $1000. Plus you lose your lisance for a year. second offense is 5 years and third is ten. havent been able to find anything else on the net yet about it.

http://www.fquick.com/blog/New_Florida_Speeding_Law_can_get_Your_Ride_Seized/1474

What im worried about is cause i already have 3 tickets 25+ over the limit that i will automatically lose my lisance for 10 years. Which would suck hard core :ugh:

I just saw the report on wink news for the fort meyers and naples peeps

jeeze. I think if you already had the tickets you'll be ok. Its up to the officer at the time of ticketing i think. That's some bs though - a lot of ppl will lose their licenses!

ive lost mine a few times now im not trying to lose it again i havent gotten a ticket in like 3 years now excluding exhuast tickets

They have had laws like this for a long time. Honestly though the paperwork you have to do to arrest someone takes a long time and why would we waste our time doing it over a stupid traffic violation. 3 types of people will enforce this, Broward Sherrifs Office(depending on what district), Florida Highway Patrol(always assholes) and Motor men(Motorcycle cops) from various departments throughout the county. This is nothing new and the majority of officers aren't going to enforce this unless you are a complete asshole about being stopped.

My buddy called me this morning asking for a ride to work because he got his license suspended this morning when a motorcycle cop pulled him over. yeah...i live in the Naples area...

I have a speed issue on my bike and I rode for 6 months with no tag cause I don't plan to stop and maybe lose by bike for doing something that isnt reckless for a 20 years of experience rider. I have 3 other friends that ride tagless. We are the modern outlaw bikers lol.

ps. I'm so happy i got out of FL

They have had laws like this for a long time. Honestly though the paperwork you have to do to arrest someone takes a long time and why would we waste our time doing it over a stupid traffic violation. 3 types of people will enforce this, Broward Sherrifs Office(depending on what district), Florida Highway Patrol(always assholes) and Motor men(Motorcycle cops) from various departments throughout the county. This is nothing new and the majority of officers aren't going to enforce this unless you are a complete asshole about being stopped.

The way I see it if anyone of us was a cop and pulled some ASSHOLE over IM gonna be a bigger asshole and screw him over. Cops are human beings it's up to their discretion if they wanna fuck us over. Think about how many times a cop has let any of us go...In the end ur not supposed to be speeding anyways so ur the idiot for getting caught

Btw motorcycle cops are real cocky douches lol

Last edited:
I have a speed issue on my bike and I rode for 6 months with no tag cause I don't plan to stop and maybe lose by bike for doing something that isnt reckless for a 20 years of experience rider. I have 3 other friends that ride tagless. We are the modern outlaw bikers lol.

ps. I'm so happy i got out of FL

Which is why I don't ride a bike... I would become a Highway pancake or get caught at some triple digit speed...

I've been pulled over plenty of times doing 20+ and never had an issue with my car being impounded or jail time... Except for a reckless driving ticket I once got, but that isn't speeding lol...

Blame this douche
lopez_cantera.jpg

honestly if you are on a bike why would you stop. Give it more gas and fucking haul ass. Its gonna take them a long time to catch you.

Ive seen lots of bikes gun it past cops and it's hilarious cause the cops first reaction is to chase but they give up after like 10 feet LOL

Back
Top Bottom