Any tips keeping your FC cool?

al0389

LIMA!!!
Driver
K guys, just like the title states. Do any of you FC guys have any tips on keeping your FC cool? I drive mine daily and as the summer gets hotter, so does my motor. My FC is N/A and has a TII drivetrain swap, exhaust, an intake, coil overs, and everything else is basically stock. I replaced my water pump about 8 months ago, and flushed my radiator twice since then. Is there anything you guys have done or any advice you have on making it run cooler?

Koyo two row radiator and possibly an additive to the coolant, a functional vented hood, and some flex-a-lites.

If all else fails, put a 1jz-gte in that bitch or a carbed 350 chev.

Rotarys run hot in a weird way, do some more research, maybe find a RX-7 specific site.
Good luck.

get on a rotary forum and learn from them as much as you can. Read the mistakes they made and learn my friend forget these foo's hatin on rotary its a great engine, just have to know how to take care of it. Goodluck man.

get on a rotary forum and learn from them as much as you can. Read the mistakes they made and learn my friend forget these foo's hatin on rotary its a great engine, just have to know how to take care of it. Goodluck man.

What he said. Go with a fluidyne or koyo dual pass radiator then get a really good electric fan with a built in shroud. If you turbo it there will be a big question on whether you put the intercooler right out front or inches from the radiator, There are pros and cons to both.

bro big ass rad and some good electric fans and add in some water wetter and your golden

I checked today, looked over my whole cooling system at the shop since today was slower than dirt... My fan clutch isn't working 100%, but that's recently, everything was fine last time I checked it out which was like a month ago. I'm just going to replace the fan clutch, thermostat, and the caps and hoses of needed. It still runs hotter than normal during the day though, the same thing happened last summer.

During the day the temp. will creep to 1/2 way and at night it sits right at 1/4 where it's supposed to be. BTW I wont evre let it get passed 2/3 of the way, i can't afford blown coolant seals.. :p

I guess I'll upgrade the radiator once I can afford to get one.

buy a high rated CFM e-fan and autoparts store buy a adjustable thermo relay set it at a temp to have it click its self on once its warmed up. then buy mazda only thermostat and dril 1 or 2 holes on it and yea your set

my car warms up fast and the fan clicks on @ 178 and stays there, while sliding it goes up to 205 and no more mazda normal operating temps are from 180 to 210 so you good, plus soft seal start going out at around 250 so now you know where to stay away from

Back
Top Bottom